[Ponte Alto] rattan taping

Kevin Maxson Kevin at Maxson.com
Fri Aug 29 11:18:55 PDT 2003

---- Original message ----
>"Devin Snyder" <snyder.devin at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > i have a question about taping my rattan, do i tape the hilt as well
> > as the blade?

Devin - don't bother to tape the grip; it's a waste of tape.  Just be sure you shape the rattan with a good,
sharp knife to your comfort.  Remember, if the grip itself is too large, it will cause more fatigue for your
hand and arm.

>What happened to hose clamps?  Much easier to adjust, than retaping....

Hose clamps slip and break.  Back when they were more common, I would keep a couple in my toolbox
to replace them.  I use a U-bolt and metal tab to cinch down the rattan in my basket hilt, not unlike the
way auto exhaust systems are attached.

If you or anyone else wants to talk about sword making techniques or what may or may not be legal on
the list field, I'd be happy to do so.  I'll be at Ponte Alto fight practice this Sunday.

^  +   Kevin of Thornbury, OP
^ +++  (Kevin Maxson)
^  |   Kevin at Maxson.com