[Ponte Alto] Knightly Demo on the Mall (repost with map)

AbelofRegnesfolc at aol.com AbelofRegnesfolc at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 09:31:35 PDT 2003

Knightly Day on the Mall- May 10, National Mall- Washington Monument

Storvik has been granted permission to use the National Mall to host an SCA
Demo on May 10 from 8am to 6pm. The exact location is south of Constitution
Ave, between 14th and 15th streets.

Map of location:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?location=PF4dTyqGqq0d43Le4ksmo62N2oCir9rt

kdBjgMtPs717%2bLmtSUDSN6OMql8o%2bu7jAY2fAgA8bjnhNJ2ZVtNV3qup78k7ADUzrPcs6WwRyt

mwfGQ1SR2AC2jRx7M5PgUSEVqRe%2bjo9hOSExj%2bZ245Tg%3d%3d&
address=15th%20street%20and%20constitution%20ave&city=Washington&state=DC&
zipcode=&country=US&addtohistory=

For the demo we are seeking attendance to Heavy Fighters, Fencers,
Performers, and Artisans to amuse the crowd, and to demonstrate the various
activities available within the SCA. Our land has been divided into four
areas:

The first and second sections are a tournament area for the heavy fighters
and fencers. I would ask that all interested fighters make themselves known
to me. Lord Perrin (Storvik Knight Marshal) will be the marshal-in-charge for
the day.

The Third section is a performance area. This would have dancing, acting,
singing, etc. I would like to have this organized in the following manner:
the "leader" of a group willing to demo contact me with a preferred time
allotment and I will schedule them to use the area.

The Fourth area would be for an arts and science display. Various people can
show their crafts by showing them on a table, or thru live demo.

Some of the things to keep in mind about the site:
1. Bone dry
2. We cannot provide food or drink to the spectators. We can however keep
some for ourselves.
3. No archery
4. No live steel; however "Olympic style fencing" equipment is allowed (so
fencing foils, epees, sabers, and schlaggers are ok as long as they pass SCA
Fencing Marshal inspection).
5. All fencing weps. must be in a bag until they are on the list field
6. SCAdians cannot mix with the crowd wearing armor or fencing equipment.
7. Only rattan weps. for heavy are allowed (no fiberglass spears).
8. We need to provide our own chairs and tables.
9. There is no parking, but we can arrange a drop off point since we are
bordered on 15th street.
9.1 Special parking arrangements can be made if necessary contact Abel; and
there will be at least one truck that can transport armor
9.2 At the Storvik practice on Monday Night at May 5th there will be a truck
available to load armor into to be transported to the Mall that Saturday
morning.
10. The National Park Service reserves the right to open any bag, box,
etc.....
11. The demo will be SHUT DOWN if Homeland Security issues a CODE RED. They
can do this during the event times.

For those willing to participate please contact Abel Brem of Regnesfolc
(abelofregnesfolc at aol.com, 703 855 9097).

Yours in service,
Lord Abel Brem