[Ponte Alto] Silver Key

Cindy Halstead chalstead3 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 7 09:29:54 PDT 2002

I will defer in general to Ilse since she'll know the currently correct
answer, but my understanding is that the waiver for a minor must be signed
by the minor's parent or legal guardian.  It is also my understanding that
that waiver can be signed by the parent ahead of time and presented at
Troll.  Given that we are talking a minor, it might not be a bad idea for
someone at the event to have a medical care authorization also signed by
the minor's parent/legal guardian, so that medical care can be authorized
if necessary while the parents are being located.

To quote the waiver FAQ from the seneschal's page: "Are there special
waiver requirements for minors? Yes.  The Minor's Consent To Participate
And Hold Harmless Agreement must be signed by the parent or guardian of the
minor in order for the minor to be admitted to the event – no
exceptions!  If you are a minor traveling to an event with someone other
than your parents or guardians, get a parent or guardian to sign the waiver
in advance and send it with the adult responsible for you at the
event.  You can obtain this waiver form in advance of the event from
http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/forms-waiv.htm."

FYI, the minor medical authorization form is on the same page.

Caitlyn
Theoretically someone who's supposed to know this stuff, but who loses
track on occasion and goes to look it up.