[Ponte Alto] RE: Ponte Alto Newcomers Meeting

E. Georges e.georges at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 17 05:27:22 PDT 2002

This is just a reminder... the Ponte Alto Newcomers Meeting is TONIGHT in
Reston at the home of Courtney and Kevin Houghton.  The meeting starts at
7:30.  I'd love to see some experienced Pontoons there too, if you have the
time (and aren't at rapier practice).  For one thing, it's a great
opportunity to socialize!  Second, newcomers get exposed early to the idea
that we are a diverse group with lots of interests!  So come on out, it'll
be fun, and there WILL be munchies!

We are going to focus on how to choose what garb to wear and getting started
making garb.

Courtney's directions are below.  Please email me at lucia at lucia-pegasus.net
if you have questions!

In Service,

Lucia

Directions to the Newcomers' Meeting:

Allergy alert: We have four cats, three of whom are
likely to be very friendly and visit with guests.
Please let us know who we need to keep them away from,
plus, we keep Benadryl around just in case!

Directions:

11639 Newbridge Ct
Reston, VA 20191

If you prefer taking the beltway:

Take your best route to the Dulles Toll Road, Rt. 267.
Please keep in mind the toll is $.50 at the main
booth, and $.25 at the specific exit. Head west
towards Dulles. Get off the Toll Road at Exit 13,
Wiehle Ave.  At the top of the toll ramp ($.25 toll),
turn left onto Wiehle Ave (you will be going back over
the toll road).  When the road comes to a
T-intersection, turn right onto Sunrise Valley.  Take
a left at the next traffic light on to Soapstone. Take
your second right on to Golf Course.  Take the first
right onto Newbridge Court.  Go over one speed bump
and take your first left.  We are the third townhouse
on the left at 11639.

If you prefer taking the Fairfax County parkway
(north):

Come down the Parkway until you get to Sunrise Valley.
Take a right onto Sunrise Valley and follow it for a
few miles.  Go through the Reston Parkway
intersection, the Colts Neck intersection, and take a
right on the next intersection, Soapstone. Take your
second right on to Golf Course.  Take the first right
onto Newbridge Court.  Go over one speed bump and take
your first left.  We are the third townhouse on the
left at 11639.

I you prefer taking the Fairfax County parkway
(south):

Come down the Parkway until you get to Sunrise Valley.
Take a leftt onto Sunrise Valley and follow it for a
few miles.  Go through the Reston Parkway
intersection, the Colts Neck intersection, and take a
right on the next intersection, Soapstone. Take your
second right on to Golf Course.  Take the first right
onto Newbridge Court.  Go over one speed bump and take
your first left.  We are the third townhouse on the
left at 11639.

If you prefer taking Rt. 7:

Come east (or west) down Rt. 7 until you hit the
Reston Parkway. Follow it over the Toll Road, and take
your first left onto Sunrise Valley.  Go through the
Colts Neck intersection, and take a right on the next
intersection, Soapstone. Take your second right on to
Golf Course.  Take the first right onto Newbridge
Court.  Go over one speed bump and take your first
left.  We are the third townhouse on the left at
11639.

Parking:  Please park only in unreserved spots (all
reserved spots have a number), or along the curbs
where it is not painted yellow. You can park on Golf
Course, or in other parts of the Newbridge Cluster. We
will park away from the house so more people can get
in close.  If our parking spot (13) is open, you are
welcome to grab it.

(Check out Mapquest at http://www.mapquest.com/ for
specific directions from your location.  I tested the
directions and they were very accurate to the house.)