[Ponte Alto] SCA Newcomer's Meeting Reminder

Jessica Wilbur jessica at pop.net
Sun May 12 16:11:16 PDT 2002

Chad Adams wrote:

>  Merry meet to all,   I was wanted to know who all was going to
> Sapphire Joust?    Plus heavyfighters I am a lefty wanting to  get
> into the stick jock realm.   I have no armor at all nor weapons just
> the desire to come out and play.   Please let me know if you can help
> me.   One other thing does anyone know where I could get a kilt?
> Caleb of Moonshadowe

Hi Caleb,

Master Kevin and I will be day tripping to Sapphire Joust, brining Lady
Katharine with us. I'm sure we'll see you there, if you're going. =)

As far as heavy fighting goes, I'm sure our marshal and baron will be
happy to hook you up with loaner armor and teach you the basics. There
are a few lefties around though I couldn't tell you who goes to what
practice. Again, see Kevin and Thomas for that. ;-)

And as for the kilt... I don't know of anywhere around here where you
can buy one (there's a Scottish store in Williamsburg that sells them -
I used to work there in college - but they are NOT CHEAP!). You may want
to research making your own - I know there are discussions on what types
of kilts are period and which are not. I found some web sites that might
be helpful (I don't really know, Scottish is not my thing).

http://www.scottish-selection.com/tweb/greatkilt/index.htm

http://www47.pair.com/lindo/Scotland.htm

http://albanach.org/kilt.html

http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/scottish/