[Ponte Alto] Monthly Greetings from Thomas and Denise

DCADENISE at aol.com DCADENISE at aol.com
Mon May 27 19:52:52 PDT 2002

Greetings to the Wondrous Gentles of Ponte Alto,
     May was another successful month for the members of our faire Barony.
The month of May began with Spring Crown Tournament.  We are pleased to
congratulate the three fighters from Ponte Alto, Count Ragnarr Blackhammer,
Master Kevin of Thornbury and Christopher Hare who fought valiantly in the
tourney.  At Storvik's Baronial Birthday, both Abel Sussman and Christopher
Hare fought in the heavy weapons tourney.  Vivats to Christopher Hare for
winning Storvik's tournament!  At Bright Hill's Garb Wars, Baroness Greta and
Lady Hrosvitha were awarded second place in the A&S competition.  At Sapphire
Joust the Barony was very proud of the many successes of its populace.  Lord
Marcellus made it to the finals in the rapier tourney.  Lord Andrew Grey and
Christopher Hare reached the semifinals of the heavy weapons tourney.  In the
A&S competition, Lady Belphoebe entered a works in progress with a stunning
Spanish surcoat.

   Vivats to all who have participated during the month of May in various
competitions.  They have brought honor and glory to themselves and to the
Barony.

    We look forward to a busy month of June.  First and foremost there will
be a picnic and fighter practice on June 2nd, which all are invited to
attend.  There will be many legendary fighters, some traveling from a great
distance to attend and visit our faire barony.  An opportunity to take a
Marshaling class from Master Kevin of Thornbury will occur later in the day
for anyone who is interested. There will be merriment for all this fine day.
 On June 14-16, we will visit our Cousins in the North at Highland River
Melees.  June 21-23, we visit to our Cousins in Stierbach to help celebrate
their Baronial Birthday.  In Stierbach that day, the Kingdom Thrown Weapons
Champion will be chosen.  I will end the month by assessing the quality of
the barony's new fighters at the Storvik Novice Tourney on June 28-30.

    On July 5th, Denise and I look forward to competing at Flights of Fancy.
 In addition to competing, we will be selecting our baronial archery
champion.  We encourage all those from the barony to test this skill among
Atlantian's best archers.

    June 14th, we will host the newcomer's meeting at our home at 7:30pm. The
topic of the meeting will be centered on our barony's illustrious
Scriptorium.  Do you like the draw?  Have you ever wanted to learn
calligraphy?  Can't draw a straight line with a ruler?  Have an interest in
learning how to make wondrous works of arts? Lady Celia of Rosedale and
members of the Scriptorium will be available to help and assist. With Pennsic
War looming around the corner, I will available to talk to anyone interested
in the martial arts of the Society at the meeting.

We look forward to seeing you at these upcoming events.

Yours in Service,
Thomas and Denise