[Ponte Alto] [Fwd: Seneschals: Please post this Event flyer on your Group Lists]

Jessica Wilbur jessica at pop.net
Thu May 2 09:17:43 PDT 2002

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Seneschals: Please post this Event flyer on your Group Lists
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 09:13:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Duane Moore <poetamilitarus at yahoo.com>

Greetings!

As the flyer for Caer Mear's Baronial Champions Event
is not going to be in the May Acorn, I would ask that
you foward this to your local/barony e-mail lists.

Many thanks,
Bryce de Byram, OL
Event Steward, Baronial Champions

Baronial Champions
June 29th, 2002

The warriors and artisans of Caer Mear have been
renowned around the world, a joy to the Monarchs of
Atlantia, since the earliest days of the Kingdom. Come
gentles one and all to a celebration of the Barony of
Caer Mear, it’s history, and it’s people.  Our Dread
Baron Balynar has decreed that the colors of the day
be Red and Blue to honor our Barony, and has promised
a prize for the best costume in these colors. There
will be a wide array of activities to please all, from
the most gentle to the most fierce.

Tournaments:
There will be three tourneys for armored combat and
one for rapier, from which Baron Balynar will chose
his Champions, based on the skill and honor displayed
throughout the day. There shall be a Single
Elimination Speed Tourney, open to any member of the
Barony for final placement in the next tourney. Come
and Witness the first ever SCA Royal Rumble, a grand
mêlée, fought to the last man. Likewise there will be
the first Survivor Series Tourney, for teams of three
to test their skill and strategy. After all these
marvels, should your thirst for combat not be sated,
we shall mêlée, and have pick-ups.

There will also be a Rapier Tourney so that Baron
Balynar may have a member of the Academy to stand for
the Barony on the field of honor with a prize for the
overall winner as well. The lists will open at 10 am
with rapier authorizations and inspections.

The Arts:
There will be an open competition in any medium, for
The Baronial Artisan, who will receive the Baron’s
patronage for the next year. Documentation is
encouraged.
Also there will be an open display that all may
participate in. Documentation is encouraged. Works in
Progress are acceptable.

The Fair of St. Paul: Come carpenters, weavers,
calligraphers, and Craftsmen of all Trades, and
practice your art for the day, either in the hall or
outside in a pavilion, or under our concrete floor
pavilion. This will be a hands-on environment where
you can interact with you peers and the populace as we
attempt to recreate a medieval artisans fair. We
cordially invite all members of the Orders of the
Laurels and Pearls to attend. Please contact Duke
Badouin at: adamspf at comcast.net for more information
and to reserve space for your display.

History Display:
Please bring your artifacts, relics, and treasures
from the stored history of Caer Mear and Atlantia for
all to see.

Children’s Triathlon:
As our youth as our bright future, His Excellency has
commanded that there be a competition in three parts
to delight and entertain them.

Merchants: are welcome to display their wares under
their own pavilion. Tables will be available for rent
at the cost of $1 a table.

Feast:
After His Excellency’s court, the fabled Cooks of Caer
Mear shall provide a refreshing feast of appropriate
summer time fare for 100 gentles. Come prepared to
dine with His Excellency outside under the shelter, to
better enjoy the summer evening.

Evening Entertainment:
After we have taken our full, gentles may dance, or
pursue the gentle games of: Bocce, Croquet, or
CAMBOK!!!! on a torchlight field. Then we shall retire
to our own homes, our day complete.

Cost:
Please send your reservations to the Event Steward,
Master Bryce at the address listed below. Please make
your checks payable to: The Barony of Caer Mear/SCA,
Inc.

Adult Site Fee: $7
Minor Site Fee: (8-18): $3.50
(Children under 8 are guests of the Barony. No Family
will pay more than $21.00 for SITE FEES)

Feast: A spot at Feast may be purchased for an
additional $6 per person, for ages 4 through adult.
(Children 3 and under are free)

Event Steward:

Master Bryce de Byram, OL
Duane Moore
10524 Jason Road
Richmond, VA 23235
(804) 323-0156
Email: poetamilitarus at yahoo.com

Site:

The American Legion Post 186, 910 Otterdale Road,
Midlothian, VA 23113-6918 which will open at 8 am and
close at 1 am. Alcohol is allowed, no pets, no open
flames in the hall. Troll opens at 9 am.

Directions:

Please consult a map for the best driving directions
to Richmond, VA. Signs will be posted at the
intersection of Otterdale and Midlothian.

>From the West, or East: Take I-64 to Richmond to the
Powhite Parkway, South. (This is a toll road.)
Continue straight after the toll plaza and take the
Midlothian Parkway WEST, Route 60. Travel approx. 6.5
miles to Otterdale Road, Rt. 667 and turn LEFT. Follow
directions from *.

>From the North: Take your best route to I-95 south to
Richmond. Take the Powhite Parkway South. (This is a
toll road) Continue straight after the toll plaza and
take the Midlothian Parkway WEST, Route 60. Travel
approx. 6.5 miles to Otterdale Road, Rt. 667 and turn
LEFT. Follow directions from *.

>From the South:
Take your best route to I-95 North to Richmond. Take
Exit 67-B Chippenham Parkway, Rt. 150 NORTH to 60 and
360. You will pass under the construction of the new
overpass for I-895. From the ramp travel approx. 8.1
miles and take Midlothian Turnpike WEST. Travel
approx. 8.7 miles and turn LEFT on Otterdale Road,
Route 667 and follow the directions from: *.

* From the Intersection of Otterdale and Midlothian
Turnpike:
 Turn left onto Otterdale Road, Route 667. (There is a
Dong’s Karate on the right. If you drive through the
jersey walled construction area you have missed your
turn.) Travel down Otterdale Road for approx. 1.5
miles and make a left into the site.

=====
Bryce de Byram,OL (Duane M. Moore) 100%Peer-Evil
http://www.geocities.com/brycedebyram/
Read my RANTS at: http://bdeb.diaryland.com/
“I am still learning” – Michelangelo