[Ponte Alto] greetings

DCADENISE at aol.com DCADENISE at aol.com
Fri Mar 29 11:38:39 PST 2002

Spring compliments to the wonderful folk of Ponte Alto, from your Baron and
Baroness…

Vivats to Master Tirloch for becoming Atlantia's first Royal Baker at Kingdom
A&S  last month.  We would like to thank our new officers: Lady Sorcha de
Glys for becoming our barony's Chatelaine and Lady Lucia Antony de Venise for
becoming her deputy Chatelaine and Lady Celia of Rosedale for heading our
barony's Arts and Sciences and for Baron Ranulf of Waterford for becoming our
barony's herald.  Our hearts were warmed by all all who attended and fought
so valiantly in St Paddy's Day Bloodbath,as well as those who suppprted the
fighters and gave their time in other ways.  We would especially thank
Baroness Agnes Daunce for autocrating such a terrrific event.  We also
congratulate Erik of Bloodguard for being named our heavy weapons champion,
while Master Kevin of Thornbury was appointed the baronial warlord.  We
believe all were pleased by this wonderful day.

Denise and I hail all brave fighters of Ponte Alto to make ready for the
martial contests to come as our Atlantian blood warms with the seasons.
Rapier and Heavy fighters are called to test their weapons and dexterity at
our Sunday Fighter Practices. (As weather allows, from 2:00 PM - dark,
outdoors behind Tysons-Pimmit Library, in Falls Church. Master Kevin of
Thornbury (Kevin Maxson) at 703-810-8438 would guide you.) For our eagle-eyed
archers, the Barony of Stierbach bids you join their Friday night practices
in Centreville, VA. Baron Nikolai Zhdanov Dolgorukova will gladly direct you,
e-mail  zhdanov at earthlink.net  or call 703-450-5589 (H), 703-314-3925 (C).

We journey to visit our cousins in Lochmere on April 19-21 for "Night On
Board". We would ask that many of you also represent your barony in both
Martial and Arts & Sciences contests – both revere the sea with nautical
themes. Perhaps Grog would be a pleasing entry for the Brewing competition?

With the greening of the grass, we dream once more of Pennsic. We seek
gentles for significant commitments on behalf of your Baronial Encampment, as
Camp Director, Baronial Reservationist, or Land Grab agent. Baroness Denise
would welcome conversation with any who desire to assist, yet still may need
encouragement to step forward. A full measure of fortitude, inspiration, and
the aid of friends will prefigure our encampment's glory.

Yours in service,
Thomas and Denise