[Ponte Alto] Gulf Wars XI

DCADENISE at aol.com DCADENISE at aol.com
Mon Mar 18 10:45:48 PST 2002

Greetings unto the populace of Ponte Alto
     We have just returned from our journey from Gulf Wars XI.  Their
Majesties, King Galmr and Queen Aryanna proclaimed that our faire kingdom
would fight beside the Kingdom of Trimaris.  We were heavily outnumbered but
that did not deter the enthusiasm and excitement of Atlantians at the war.  I
would like to take this opportunity to share the gallant efforts of those
from our faire barony as well as others from our kingdom.  If I have
mistakenly left someone out or their effort during the war....please accept
my sincere apologies.  I would like to thank the following the people for
making the long drive to Meridies and supporting the barony and Their Most
Gracious Majesties during Gulf Wars XI ...
     I would first like to thank Countess Kyneburh Boithuile.  She graciously
agreed to help and support the barony by casting pewter bridges for the
baronial fighting favors.  Our fighters were greatly enthused to wear such a
grand favor on behalf of the barony.
     THL Giuliana Salviati, first let me first congratulate you on winning
the Pentathlon in Persona at Kingdom A&S earlier this month.  At the war she
served as a loyal lady in waiting to HRM Queen Aryanna.  She was a constant
baronial and kingdom supporter during the war.
     Lady Anne of Brantingham.  She served as a loyal (and comic relief) lady
in waiting to Queen Aryanna.  She was King Galmr's messenger.  She fought in
the order of the rose rapier tournament for the honor of Her Majesty, Queen
Aryanna.
     Our baronial artisan Lady Lucia Antony de Venise.  Lucia was the
co-landocrat for the kingdom of Atlantia at Gulf Wars.  She has been
coordinating and volunteering her time for several months now to make sure
the kingdom of Atlantia had the land they needed for the war.  Queen Aryanna
wore a necklace that was made by Lucia to the Order of the Rose rapier
tournament.  This piece of jewelry was documented from a 15th century
painting.
     Master Kevin of Thornbury.  Master Kevin fought in the order of the rose
rapier tourney for the honor of Princess Isabel. Where the favor from Her
Highness, for the tournament, was the veil she was wearing. He fought very
well in the tournament and went deep going 4 rounds in a single elimination
competition.  Kevin also was championed to fight in the tournament of roses /
heavy weapons tournament, which he fought for the honor of Countess Caia.
Kevin also carried the Atlantian banner in the royal procession for opening
ceremonies.  He also was the herald for Atlantian field court.  He fought in
all the heavy weapons battles.
    His Excellency, Count Ragnarr Blackhammer.  He was in commanders meetings
planning the strategy of our kingdom, working beside TRM and our kingdom
warlord, Duke Cuan.  He fought in all the battles and was a major force for
the Atlantian army.  His Excellency was also sponsored in the order of the
rose rapier tournament by Her Highness of Trimaris.  His Excellency did very
well in the tournament and went deep, going 4 rounds in a single elimination
competition.  His Excellency was awarded the Shark's Tooth for his valor on
the field during the first of three field battles.
     Baron Sir Thomas of Calais.  Thomas scored war points in the thrown
weapons portion of the war. Thomas was the only Atlantian to score war points
in thrown weapons. Thomas also fought for the honor of Countess Caia in the
heavy weapons tournament of the roses.  He also wore a new fighting tabard
during the war made for him by Her Excellecy-Countess Mary Grace.
     I would also like to take this quick opportunity to acknowledge some
other Atlantians during the war.  Atlantian's very own Conner was a finalist
in the order of the rose rapier tournament, he was sponsored by Countess
Caia.  Gunther was the only Atlantian to be selected to fight rapier on
behalf of the allies champion battle (war point) which he gloriously won.
Sir Havordh and Lord Brian of Sacred Stone were the Atlantians selected to
fight in the heavy weapons champion battle (war point), which I am pleased to
announce that both fighters won their match. Countess Brigit of Mercia did
very well in the A&S portion of the war.
     Please congratulate those members of the kingdom and of the barony that
made such a strong presence at Gulf Wars XI.  I believe everyone had a
wonderful time.  Thanks to all who made this time at the war so memorable

Yours in Service,
Baroness Denise Duvalier