[Ponte Alto] Infant Garb

Heather Muller aztecdagger at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 04:07:10 PDT 2002

 Here is an easy way to make baby garb, I know because I have done this for my niece;  make her a bog dress.  Kayla loves hers.  And it looks just like mine.  Easy way to get rid of extra matrial too.  Congrats.
Lady Heather
  Vikki Tuten <vjtuten at starpower.net> wrote: first, congrats on baby girl!!! second, there are a couple of children sized tunics in loaner closet. perhaps it should al be in 1 place??vikki/ursula      -----Nullum Gratuitum Prandium!-----
(or, 'There ain't no such thing as a free lunch!')
 ----- Original Message ----- From: Shannon Smith To: ponte-alto at atlantia.sca.org Sent: June 02, 2002 9:43 AMSubject: Re: [Ponte Alto] Infant Garb
Sounds like fun - I've inherited some baby garb from others that I would be willing to share or trade for other pieces.  It's all very simple stuff since they outgrow it so fast, but cute nonetheless. By the way...  The latest update - 24 hours of contractions five minutes apart and we're still at home.  Hopefully the new baby will show him or herself by late this afternoon or this evening!  I definitely fit into the "first babies take forever" category!  I'm sure all will be a fleeting memory when we can see our child face-to-face. Yours, Sorcha  :)
Greetings!  Seeing as how Ponte Alto is having a small baby boom currently, I would like to propose the Ponte Alto Baby Garb Exchange.  I have 2 outfits that will fit up to a 12 lb baby.

The first can be seen at http://photos.yahoo.com/vitha_rose in the SCA Baby Clothes folder.  It was made at Garb Wars by myself and Baroness Greta & Catalina del'Acqua with early assistance by Lady Belphoebe de Givet .  It includes a silk chemise, velvet dress, belt, linen coif, silk maroon coif w/ flat cap attached, and shoes.  The model (baby) is not included. :)

The second outfit is the same pattern only made from a cotton plaid fabric and has no sleeves.  The outfit includes a white chemise, dress and matching shoes.

If anyone is interested in borrowing these outfits (Sorcha) let me know!

I am interested in expanding this for infant garb up to 1 yr old (when they begin to destroy clothing)  If anyone wants to donate, I’ll volunteer to be the Baronial Baby Depot.

Lady Hrosvitha von Celle