[Ponte Alto] Monthly Greetings from Thomas and Denise

DCADENISE at aol.com DCADENISE at aol.com
Sun Apr 28 18:48:32 PDT 2002

Greetings unto the Gracious People of Ponte Alto,
     Humid weather is approaching which means Pennsic is around the corner.
Denise and I are very excited about this approaching Pennsic.  If you plan on
camping with the Barony please contact Baroness Denise  <A HREF="mailto:DCADENISE at aol.com">DCADENISE at aol.com </A>(
See Baronial Encampment announcement for more details).
    The month of April has been a busy and fruitful month for our Barony.  At
Defending The Gate, we had a new fighter, Robert of Calais, authorize as a
heavy fighter. Kevin of Thornbury taught a Marshaling class. And, I had some
success by winning the thrown weapons tourney.  At Challenge of the Heart,
Erik, the Ponte Alto Heavy Champion lead a team of three fighters wearing
Ponte Alto colors and tabards to victory in the melee tourney.  At Night on
Board, Thomas Lyon was awarded his Yellow Scarf.  Thomas Lyon and Robert the
Brewer, Ponte Alto's Baronial Brewer, won awards in the brewing competition.
Vivats to all!
    We also look forward to a busy traveling month in May.  We hope to see
many of you journey with us.  We look forward to attending Crown Tournament
and seeing Atlantia's newest heirs being crowned.  I, Thomas will try my
prowess and skills on the archery fields in Lochmere at On Target on May
18th.  Then we both turn and head south to the Barony of Caer Mear on May
24-26 for Sapphire Joust.  We are sorry that a baronial event is not possible
for the choosing of the next baronial archer champion.  Due to site
restrictions, having archery at an event has been greatly restricted.
Therefore, at Flights of Fancy on July 5th in the Barony of Stierbach, we
will choosing our archery champion. As in choosing our previous champions, we
ask that you contact us before the event so we know that you are interested
in competing for Ponte Alto's most prestigious position. We encourage all our
gentles to participate in the many competitions and activities around the
kingdom in the upcoming months.
  We would like to encourage our populace to contact us with any other
successes that members of our Barony have had.  Also please give us any
recommendations you may have for Baronial and/or Kingdom Awards.
  We would like to thank all those gentles who supported the Barony in
donating their time and supplies to making Goblet Covers for the Pennsic Gift
Baskets (Lady Lucia, Lady Shelby, Lady Celia, Baroness Agnes, and Lady
Renata). We would also like to thank those individuals who supported us in
the making of the baronial tabards (Lady Shelby, Lady Sorcha and Lady
Giuliana).

Yours in Service,
Thomas & Denise