[Ponte Alto] First Meeting of the Ladies Sewing Circle and Terrorist Society

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 07:55:48 PDT 2001

Hi there,

Well, I didn't name the group.  I was only using the
name that the group has had for years (and a good name
it was) and volunteering to host the first meeting,
which I still want to do.

But I agree.  In view of the circumstances, perhaps
discussing the renaming of the group would be a good
idea.  We may come up with something different or we
may decide to keep the name.  On one hand, renaming it
would give a lot of people peace of mind.  On the
other, keeping the name could be another way of going
on with our lives and not letting the real life
terrorists disturb it.

At any rate, I believe it's something that definitely
needs to be considered.  (Also, would "Sewing circle"
as opposed to "Ladies sewing circle" would be more
appropriate?  There are a number of guys, including my
Lord, who are really mean with a needle and would like
to come to the meetings.)

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing all of you
ladies and lords next Monday so we can get down to to
the business of sewing.

Whatever we decide to name ourselves.

Many regards, Belphoebe

> I know I will sound like a wet blanket, but I think
> we need to drop the
> word "Terrorist" from the name. I had a newcomer at
> the last meeting ask me
> why we were calling it that, given the events of
> Sept. 11, so I think it is
> something we need to consider.
>
> -- Nostas'ia

=====