[Ponte Alto] Fall for the Book demo *Saturday*

Shannon Smith sorchadeglys at worldnet.att.net
Wed Sep 19 08:31:08 PDT 2001

Ok, So far, we have the following folks for the demo on Saturday:

Sorcha (and possibly Andrew)
Belphoebe and Marcellus
Ailleann, who is sometimes Reina
A few unnamed folks from the scriptorium?

    Should your name be on this list?  If I've missed you or you would like
to come and just haven't mentioned it yet, Please tell me so I don't start
to panic!  :)

****Any fighters?  The organizers of this event are offering us a  part of
University Drive to hold a fighter practice/demo.  If you would like to
come, please let me know so I can tell the organizers if we want it or not.
Thanks.

Sorcha  :)

> Humble greetings at this time of loss from Lady Sorcha de Glys, demo
> coordinator.  In one week from today, Ponte Alto will be holding it's big
> annual recruitment demo and C&I and Heraldry exhibit at the Fall for the
> Book Festival in Fairfax!
>
> I hope that many of you will still come out and bring relief and a spot of
> joy to yourselves and the public.  I do apologies for the delay in the
> details, but they came in the mail on Tuesday.
>
> Here are the highlights from the letter I received from the Event
> Coordinator:
>
> For the C&I and Heraldry folks:
> *Street Fair exhibitors will be under two large tents on the southern half
> of the Web Lot (the side next to the Firehouse Grill)  Tables are 3x8 and
> include cloths and skirts.  We have two tables and eight chairs reserved.
> Exhibitors may arrive as early as 8:30 am, but they ask that we be
> COMPLETELY SET-UP by 10:30 am.
>
> *Exhibitors can park along University Drive for 20 minutes to unload
(please
> enter from North street heading south.  We are assigned to tables #33 &34
in
> Exhibitor tent #2.  Someone will be meeting us in the unloading area to
> direct us to our space.
>
> *Once unloaded, please park your vehicles elsewhere.  I have one parking
> permit that will allow anyone who is bringing a lot of stuff to park in
the
> city-owned lot around the corner.  If you are bring a lot of calligraphy
> stuff or heraldry books, please let me know and I can give you the pass.
>
> *After the event at 5:15, exhibitors will once again be allowed to load on
> University Drive.
>
> For "SCA demo" folks -
> *We are scheduled to have the stage from 1:15 to 2:15.  Please be ready to
> go on at 1pm.  The stage area is right next to the Exhibitor tent #2 where
> the scriptorium and heraldry tables will be set up.
>
> *The demo will consist mostly of fighting and "what is the SCA", heraldry,
> other arts and sciences (depending on who is there) and hopefully some
> dancing.  We will not be passing around the items from the "demo in a
> basket", but I will have a table set up with them.
>
> *During the rest of our time there, we are invited to have a fight
practice
> on part of University Drive in front of Old Town Hall.  There we can have
> table with brochures and contact information for the barony.
>
> Thank you all for your support for this, Ponte Alto's biggest demo of the
> year.  If you intend on coming, PLEASE e-mail or phone me at (703)
264-0072