[Ponte Alto] Harp and Drum Corps

Barbara Bilodeau acarthew at cox.rr.com
Sun Sep 16 18:37:40 PDT 2001

Harp and Drum practices will resume on Tuesday evening.

Realizing that there is a chance that someone on this list might not be
familiar with this group, let me introduce you to it, and issue a
welcome!

"Harp and Drum" is Ponte Alto's instrumental music group.  We play dance
music at lots of SCA events, play processional music for courts, do
performances when we have opportunity, and participate in demos.  The
group has been in existence for over 10 years (that's when I started
getting involved, and I know it was around prior to Ponte Alto becoming
a barony). We practice every Tuesday night at Mistress Allasondrea and
Baron Corun's home, with me directing.

We have historically been a recorder group, but we've always tried to
add in other instruments. ("We have harps. We have drums. We just didn't
bring them.")  We've recently been having a lovely influx of string
instruments to the mix.  We have a "mundane" arm of the group that has
been hired to play for weddings, known as the "High Bridge Consort"  and
a few years ago we issued a CD.

If any new comers  - or oldtimers, for that matter! - would like to get
involved in playing with us, feel free to contact me.  We had 10 people
at our last rehearsal - but we'll happily make room for more.

Best wishes,
Anne of Carthew