[Ponte Alto] Girl Scout Demo

Shannon Smith sorchadeglys at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 27 21:47:36 PDT 2001

Greetings to you once again, fellow gentles of this noble barony!

    The second demo for the Mary Riley Stiles Library was a nice quiet demo
(until we started fighting!) with children and parents of Falls Church.  I
think the adults enjoyed it as much as the kids did.  The stuffed bear in
chain mail was a big hit too!  Many thanks to Marcellus Capoziello da
Napoli, Belphoebe de Gyves, Kevin of Thornbury, Andrew Grey, Muireann ni
Riordain, and George of Exeter for their efforts!

    We are expecting a busy demo on Friday at the Algonkian Girl Scout camp
in Cascades/Sterling.  We have four stations of 15-minute mini demos in
archery, rapier, heavy, and medieval life and items.  (They have 400 girls
so they have to come in several groups!!!)  It promises to be an
action-packed day.

    Please join us for "Medieval Merriment"!  If you are interested in this
fun demo, please contact me for directions or check out the park's website
at http://www.nvrpa.org/algonkian.html for maps.  We will be at Picnic
Shelter #1.  Please arrive at 1:15 so we can be in place by 1:30.  As
always, your support is appreciated and commended.

Yours,
Sorcha de Glys :)

*****
The next demos are also at Girl Scout camps -- They include one in
Berryville on the evening of July 11, and another one at Algonkian on July
20.

Then we've got a pair of demos at day care sites.  The first will be
the last week of July, at Sully Station Day Care (contact Ysabel at
YsabelF at worldnet.att.net for more information); the second will be at
Planting The Seed Too in Stafford on August 18 (the last Saturday of
Pennsic; coordinator will be Cairistiona, email garadh at erols.com for
more information).

And we'll be hitting the books in September, so to speak; a pair of
Saturday demos at local libraries!  September 22 will be the "Fall For
The Book" Festival in Fairfax, and September 29 will be a demo at the
Lovettsville Library.

For more information, or to get contact information for the SCA
coordinators for the demos, visit http://www.geocities.com/SCADemoTeam
While you're there, check out the full list of folks who've generously
donated
their time to share the Middle Ages with the folks in our area!