[Ponte Alto] FW: A missive on behalf of TRM regarding Pennsic

Lewis, Don don at infodata.com
Fri Jul 27 12:40:32 PDT 2001

 Please let Marsha and or I know if you would like to help out here so that
we can set up a schedule.

Donald

 Greetings Your Excellencies,

My name is Lady Gabrielle de Carcassonne and I am writing on behalf of Their
Royal Majesties Havordh and Mary-Grace.

I am honored to be serving TRM as Pennsic War XXX Atlantian Royal Land
Liaison.  I am writing to you this fine Summer day to ask for your
assistance.

As you are all well aware, we are going to be traveling to a war in a far
away land very soon.  The King and Queen will be in attendance as well as
Their Highness', Prince Galmr and Princess Aryanna, and will be setting up
an encampment between Chandlers Road and Sedalia's Way on Kurdson Way.  They
are planning to have a tower with gates to keep the encampment secure.  The
task at hand is we will require a plethora of committed gentles to help keep
the encampment secure during this time of war.

I beg of the assistance of your populace to help keep our fair King Havordh,
lovely Queen Mary-Grace and Their Highness'  from harms way.  I ask you to
summon your noble people, who will also be in attendance, to volunteer time
to help with this task.  We welcome anyone to serve as a guard.  In the past
ladies with frying pans work just as well as fighters with longswords or
archers.  The primary role for the guards is to help direct visitors and
keep the populace informed of availability of the Royal presence.

The gates will be guarded from 4pm until 11pm, as requested by Their Royal
Majesties.  Ideally we would ask each barony to take watch for a (or a
portion of each) day of war beginning with the evening of the 12th of
August.  Please feel free to pick a day baring the evening of  August Monday
13th, as the Barony of Lochmere has already requested this time.  It is
requested that guards be armed and well versed in the weapon they bear.
Royal tabards will be provided at Royal.  I leave to you how you organize
your time you donate.

Thank you for your time and consideration in helping with this task.  Their
Royal Majesties understand how precious Pennsic time can be.  Please notify
me regarding the day and times your barony is able to help with guard duty.
And please do not hesitate to email me or stop by Atlantian Royal for any
questions or concerns regarding guard duty.

As always....

Yours in service,
Gabrielle