[Ponte Alto] (Fwd) *Seneschal* Kingdom Pavilion

Jessica Wilbur jessica at pop.net
Mon Dec 10 12:24:13 PST 2001

FYI... --Muireann
Date sent:      	Sun, 09 Dec 2001 21:30:22 -0500
Subject:        	*Seneschal* Kingdom Pavilion
From:           	Tony Toich <ttoich at earthlink.net>

Unto the populace of fair Atlantia,

    As many of you have undoubtedly read by now, Atlantia's
Pelicans are heading a project to purchase a pavilion for the
kingdom.  In December's Acorn, Master Tirloch and I published a
notice giving out some very general details.  This missive and the
announcement that will follow in next month's Acorn will spell out
the details and make a few changes.
    First: We are raising money for the purchase of a 20' x 30'
    rectangular pavilion.  The purchase price will include the walls,
poles, ropes, and stakes.  The pavilion will be purchased at a
substantial discount, from Panther Primitives.  Many of you already
own Panther tents and are well aware of their quality and
workmanship.
    Second: For $10 an approximately 5 1/2" by 5 1/2" shield
bearing your device will be painted  and sewn on to a dag.  (Sorry,
but for uniformity's sake we will not sew lozenges on the pavilion.)
    Third:  There are 270 (out of approximately 300) spaces available
for purchase by the populace of the kingdom.  The remainder will
be held in reserve and the details of their final disposition will be
made available in the near future.  Because a number of people felt
very strongly that the first come first served method of selection was
unfair, and because we felt that demand would far outstrip supply,
we are changing the way we will determine who has the opportunity
to get their device on the pavilion.
    Effective immediately, Master Tirloch and I will take requests
    from any person, with registered arms, for inclusion in a drawing
for a spot on the pavilion.  What we need from you is a LETTER
(snail mail is still more reliable than e-mail) with mundane name,
SCA name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, if you
have one, and how you would like to be contacted if selected.  (If
you choose to be notified by mail please include a self addressed
stamped envelope or post card.)  Please do NOT send money at
this time.  Let me say that again...DO NOT SEND MONEY.  (If you
are selected we will then ask you for money.)  Master Tirloch and I
will still be available at kingdom 12th Night and University to
personally accept submissions.
    Fourth: Upon notification that you have been selected, we will
ask you send us a check for $10 (made out to the Kingdom of
Atlantia), the blazon of your device, and a drawing of your device,
preferably on a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" shield.
    Fifth:  We are changing the schedule for the fund raiser.  We will
take names from now until the Thursday before the Kingdom Arts
and Sciences Festival (February 28th, 2002).  At that time we will
hold a drawing and everyone selected will be notified by March 9th
and given until March 30th to submit their device and payment.
We will also choose a number of alternates who will be given first
shot at any unclaimed spaces.
    Just a couple of final details.  Groups of people may get together
and submit their requests in one letter.  Each person may only
make one submission.  If you are selected, and so desire, you
may use your spot for a registered household device.
    I hope this answers most questions on the topic.  If not please
contact either Master Tirloch, at tirloch at cox.rr.com, or myself
(Master Aelfred) at ttoich at earthlink.net.
    I request that any seneschals that receive this e-mail pass it
along to their respective groups to ensure the widest possible
dissemination.
    Thank you for your time.

In service to Atlantia,

    Aelfred of Cres