[Ponte Alto] Georgetown Demo - April 21st

Shannon Smith sorchadeglys at worldnet.att.net
Tue Apr 17 09:34:44 PDT 2001

Humble greetings to the great Barony of Ponte Alto from your downtrodden
demo coordinator, Sorcha de Glys!

    Is there *anyone* interested in the Georgetown demo?  It is 1-5pm on
April 21st for the Medieval Club at Georgetown.  Please let me know if you
are able to make it...

Back on the first of March I told her that we could make it, but had to let
her know toward the end of March about our conflict .  That did not go over
well.  You can read the note from the faculty advisor of the Medieval Club
after I told her we've had no volunteers because of a local event.  I'm
afraid we may lose face on this one...

Desperate!
Sorcha  :)

****************

Dear Shannon,

Oh dear... I really hope you can find some people.  There is going to be a
big crowd for this event, because of all the prospective students running
around.  There's probably not much you can say to make this more attractive
than an event, but we really really really would like to have some of your
people represented here.

Keep in touch,

Amelia Borrego

Dear Shannon,

Amelia forwarded me your unfortunate email. While I understand the desire of
your members to attend the tournament, we had rather counted on some of them
coming to our festival to provide a fighting demonstration and have already
advertized this as part of the event. I understand this is completely
voluntary on the part of your members, and we do appreciate their intital
cooperation, but this leaves us in a bit of a bind since we had counted on
their performance. It was also my understanding that your branch of the SCA
was interested in forming a cooperational relationship with the GU Medieval
Club which would give the SCA a certain amount of exposure on the Georgetown
campus where they currently do not have a presence. It would be in both our
best interests if some of the fighters could forego the tournament and
participate in medieval day as originally planned. They will get full
billing and free advertising, including photos and space on our website, as
well as an opportunity to show off their skill and dexterity to a large
audience, since the festival will take place on the front lawn of the GU
campus. I do hope that some of your members will take this into account and
reconsider. I look forward to seeing them on the day. Please have them
contact Amelia to confirm.

With regards,
Kat Tracy
Faculty Advisor, GU Medieval Club

Ms. Tracy,

    I have forwarded your letter to our members and I sincerely hope that I
receive some positive replies soon.  I have requested participation at
several meetings and events for the last few weeks to no end, yet have been
met with only members who had planned to attend the tourney.  I shall
continue to herald the demo and will keep you informed as soon as I hear
from any volunteers.  Hopefully you letter will spur some to change their
plans.

Sincerely,
Shannon Smith

Dear Shannon,

I appreciate your efforts, as does Amelia. Since we were orginially told we
could count on the fighting demonstration, I really hope that some of the
members will be willing to come out on the day. Just think of all the free
publicity, on the web and off... including the newsletter.
Thanks you again for your efforts. I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,