[MR] Missive from Altantia’s Clerk of Precedence

Andrea Scott ladyalexandriawright at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 15:39:51 PDT 2022

Greetings unto the Populace of Atlantia does Dame Alexandria Wright,
Finsterwald herald send to you.

As we are now getting back into In Person events it is helpful to note that
the Order of Precedence lists a person’s Home Group as well as their Name
and Device as registered with the College of Arms.  Why is it important to
periodically check these for yourself and someone you know?  This is for
several reasons:

1)     The registered name and device may not have been updated if you
changed it or registered it since you’re Atlantia ID was created in the
Order of Precedence.  While we do get a list of registered names and
devices, we do not get a list of names previously attributed to them.  So,
for example if when I started in the SCA I went by Alexandria of Bright
Hills, until I had a name unless I sent in a correction request when I
registered Alexandria Wright the Clerk of Precedence would not necessarily
know I had registered my name.  If you change your device and keep your old
one as a badge, we in the office would not always know to change it.  It is
also important because as we spend time within the New Middle Ages our
tastes and interests evolve so we may start out with a simple English name
and as we delve into a particular interest of time and location, we may
wish to change from an Elizabethan English persona to 14thcentury German
Persona.  The best way to ensure that your name change gets through the
system in a timely manner is to send in a change request.  The link for the
correction request form is here:
https://op.atlantia.sca.org/corrections.php , you can also find it on the
main page of the Order of Precedence form in the sentence directly above
the name of the current Clerk of Precedence and their contact information.
This can also be done by directly emailing op AT Atlantia.sca.org
<http://atlantia.sca.org/> – just be sure to put the term Correction
Request in the subject line so we can get to it as soon as possible.

2)     Your OP listing lists your Home Group.  Why is this important?  It
assists the Populace for when they are writing in recommendations for
awards to be able to also suggest what events you may be attending if it is
in a closer geographical location to your Home Group.  It also allows the
Crown to plan should they desire to recognize your or someone you love if
They know what Home Group  you are from, so they can be sure you are likely
to be recognized with friends and family around you.  Allowing many who
care about you to share and celebrate  your achievements in person.  Also,
as time goes on people move either for school, work, or family if the
office isn’t notified, we may or may not know you have changed Home Groups
and it will make it harder to ensure things get to you in a timely manner
should for some reason you not be present if The Crown has bestowed a
recognition upon you at an event you were unable to attend.  This happened
before the plague times on occasion and most definitely during the plague
times.

3)     A Follow up to this is if you have moved into the Kingdom from out
of Kingdom, please send in a request so we know to add you.  In this you
can send in you and anyone who has come into the Kingdom with you so only
one person in the family needs to email.  But be sure to include the
following:  SCA Name, Mundane Name (this information is for Office use only
as away to ensure awards get documented to the correct people should there
be two people with similar names), Home Group and any Kingdoms you may have
lived in and what Names you may have gone by there.  Why is that important
you ask?  Well Sometimes that Kingdom may not have merged your recognitions
under one name, so it ensures we have them all in Order of Precedence
listing.  It helps establish what title shows up on your OP listing.  It
also ensures that we can get you into your specific Peerage Polling Orders
if you are moving into Kingdom as a Peer of the Society.  The ESP system
will not allow anyone who is not listed in the Order access to the Watch
Lists and Polling’s of that Order unless the order is listed in your Order
of Precedence Atlantia ID.  Now if there is still a problem after it is in
the OP, I suggest contacting the Principal of Your Order and between them,
the Clerk of Precedence Office, and the Atlantia Web minister ESP Office we
should be able to try and troubleshoot why it isn’t working for you.  But a
good rule of thumb is Check your OP listing and make sure its in there
first then we can see why it may or may not have synced with the Order ESP
Polling side.

4)     If you are comfortable and wish to have your pronouns displayed on
your OP listing that can be done as well, just let us in the office know
and we will do what is necessary to get them added as soon as possible.

I know it’s a lot of information at one time.  However, it is important to
keep many facets of this Dream we all love to grow, thrive, and evolve
smoothly.

Thank you for taking the time to read this missive and check the OP listing
of you and your loved ones.

Again, the Correction request form may be found here:

https://op.atlantia.sca.org/index.php

or a direct link to the form here:

https://op.atlantia.sca.org/corrections.php

and finally, by email with the Subject Line of “Correction Request” to:

op AT Atlantia.sca.org <http://atlantia.sca.org/>
In Service,
Dame Alexandria Wright, Finsterwald