[MR] Poetry Competition At TbF/RA

jaycee peters jay_wynne at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 28 15:49:10 PDT 2022

Greetings Atlantians

Lærimoðir Deirdre is sponsoring a poetry competition at Trial by Fire and Royal Archery on September 10!  The basic rules are pretty simple. You must submit an original poem in a period style. Documentation is strongly encouraged and the absence will affect your score. Minimum documentation should describe the style of poetry used and how your poem meets the requirements of the form.

The judges would like to know where you got your information about the poetic form and why you chose it.  For example, you might say something as simple as: “I found poems using rhyming couplets in 1000 Years of English poetry and decided that I liked the style”.

Extra points are given for poetry that mentions cooking, fire or archery.

There will be prizes!

Period styles of poetry need not be difficult. They include rhyming couplets (every 2 lines rhyme) or quatrains (4 lines per verse with varying rhyme schemes.  Of course, you are welcome to use one of the various styles of sonnets, or any unusual or complicated form that you can document.

While attendees must preregister for feast, Troll is open for anyone wishing to attend and/or camp for the event.
See you soon!

In Service,
Dame Wynne
Autocrat

If you have any questions, please contact Lærimoðir Deirdre.