[MR] Atlantian poetry meetup reminder

Cindy Watkins cindylou0527 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 09:25:13 PDT 2021

Hello friends, this is your reminder to join me this evening from 6pm-7pm
at our weekly Atlantian poetry meetup!

Meet ID: meet.google.com/chu-kmca-ycc

<https://meet.google.com/chu-kmca-ycc?fbclid=IwAR2yJkO9-XV580MCtxKEtlf78EnFg8qePYMQZr-GfiZDJFx-F2bmLbmp9B0>

Prompt from last week(for discussion this week): Poems about wandering!

Prompt for this week (for discussion next week): Poems about the sea! Those
sea shanty nerds are onto something.

Amoretti LXXV

One day I wrote her name upon the strand,

But came the waves and washed it away:

Again I wrote it with a second hand,

But came the tide, and made my pains his prey.

‘Vain man,’ said she, ‘that dost in vain assay,

A mortal thing so to immortalize;

For I myself shall like to this decay,

And eke my name be wiped out likewise.’

‘Not so,’ (quod I); ‘let baser things devise

To die in dust, but you shall live by fame:

My verse your vertues rare shall eternize,

And in the heavens write your glorious name:

Where whenas death shall all the world subdue,

Our love shall live, and later life renew.’

-Spenser