[MR] Job Opening : Kingdom Web Minister

Webminister, Atlantia webminister at atlantia.sca.org
Wed Jun 30 15:57:52 PDT 2021

Job Opening Announcement Kingdom Web Minister of Atlantia

Greetings to all who find these words. It has been my distinct honor to
serve Atlantia as the Kingdom Web Minister (KWM) for the past three years.
Time, however, marches on. Warrants expire. New ideas are needed.

There are several facets to the KWM position, but they all fall within the
broad categories of management and technology. To be effective in this role
you will need a blend of both, but you can be successful leaning more
strongly on either.

You will be supporting approximately 60 web ministers and webmasters across
the Kingdom and they will be supporting you. You aren’t in this alone.
There are specialized deputies for a variety of duties: email management,
polling system administration, virtual courts, and production, etc. It is a
pretty fantastic team. Additionally, you will work closely with the other
Great Officers of State to ensure that their technology needs are met.
Through your work, you will set and promote the strategic vision for
Atlantia’s digital presence and help to guide us as we take on new
responsibilities (live broadcasting courts, for example).

With regards to technology and the tactical goals of the office, you will
be responsible for the ‘care and feeding’ of Atlantia’s core web services.
This requires that you be conversant in technologies such as Php, Python, &
MySQL. Additionally, you should have a strong grasp of DNS concepts and an
overall comfort level with diagnosing and debugging errors in the systems.
Comfort with WordPress and Joomla are also desirable.

I have found the last 3 years to be both extremely challenging and
rewarding. Things have broken in spectacular ways that I never would have
expected, and people have come together to form teams that I wouldn’t have
dreamed of. Thank you for this opportunity to serve Atlantia.

If you are interested in serving Atlantia as the next Kingdom Web Minister
then please forward your SCA and mundane resumes along with a brief cover
letter to myself, the Kingdom Seneschal, and Their Royal Majesties.

Yours in Service, Ciphers, & Stabbings,

Melchior zum grauen Wolf, OP

Web Minister, Atlantia
Yours in Service, Ciphers, & Stabbings,