[MR] INSTRUCTOR REVIEW NEEDED: University of Atlantia Summer Online Session

Adriana la Bretonne baronessadriana at gmail.com
Thu May 7 11:37:00 PDT 2020

Good afternoon from the staff of the University of Atlantia:

Thank you for submitting to teach at the June 13 online session. We
sincerely appreciate your willingness to support this endeavor. Please note
there will probably be more communications and emails regarding this
session because of its particular nature. We ask that you take the time to
read each in full and send any questions you may have to:
university at atlantia.sca.org

Here's the info you need now:

1. Be sure to whitelist the email address "university-web at atlantia.sca.org"
so email like this does not end up being caught in your SPAM filter.

2. The draft schedule for this session is now available. Our staff made
every effort to honor requested class times, but ultimately made some
decisions to reschedule a few classes so they didn't conflict with others
covering a related topic of interest. Also, all times listed are Eastern.

Please review your submitted classes for completeness & correctness as this
is the info is what students will use to choose and access your class. Send
all update requests by Monday, May 11 to: university at atlantia.sca.org

Catalogue of Classes: http://university.atlantia.sca.org/catalog.php
Class Schedule Grid View with links to classes:
http://university.atlantia.sca.org/grid.php

3. Please add whether you plan to record your class (or not) in your class
description.

4. This is a recent article comparing Google Meet, Zoom, and Facebook
Messenger Rooms that might influence your choice of teaching platform:
https://mashable.com/article/zoom-facebook-messenger-rooms-google-meet-comparison/

Since then, Google Meet became freely available for all (
https://blog.google/products/meet/bringing-google-meet-to-more-people), but
you must have a Google account to access it. Google Meet offers a 1 hour
limit for 100 persons vs the 40 minute limit on the free version of Zoom.

If do change which platform you will use, please update your class
description to reflect this BEFORE May 15.

5. Atlantia's Kingdom Webminister, Lord Melchior, is offering to do a test
connection with you on your chosen platform, if needed. You can email him (
webminister at atlantia.sca.org) to set this up.

6. There will be tech support available the day of University to help you
out, if needed.

7. There will be a court and convocation streamed during the Noon-1:30 PM
lunch break.

8. Please update your class(es) with the direct link to access them BEFORE
June 5.

9. Student registration will open on May 15. ALL STUDENTS MUST REGISTER TO
PARTICIPATE IN THIS SESSION.

10. You will have the ability to email students who pre-register for your
class and they will be able to email you.

11. We're working to add the ability for instructors to indicate which
students attend your class.

Thank you all. I look forward to working with you to provide this new
opportunity to the populace of Atlantia and the Known World!

In service,

Dame Adriana la Bretonne, OP
Chancellor, University of Atlantia
university at atlantia.sca.org