[MR] New A&S Page

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 13:04:15 PDT 2020

Noble Friends,

It isn't often we get a chance to participate in real medieval historical
research. I have had the good fortune to work on three such projects.
Recently I ran across the paper version of my last project, a project that
was all my own. I now present the results for your approval and
edification.

Hidden within the depths of the University of Virginia School of
Architecture is a pair of possibly medieval chapel doors which caught my
attention just before I retired from UVA. While I wasn't able to find much
about their history, I had a great time digging into their possible path to
UVA, and was also to identify the religious figures depicted upon them. For
clarity, I have removed the supporting documents from this version of the
research report. Rest assured that UVA's Fralin Museum has the full folder
in their files.

The Shire of Isenfir's fearless Web Minister has worked with me to get the
pages mounted on the Isenfir A&S pages:
http://isenfir.atlantia.sca.org/artsandsciences/files/CHAPEL%20DOORS.pdf .

Please enjoy the story and photos.

If any of the Merry Rose readers can suggest another place to put this
paper so it can have a wider SCA audience, I would be pleased to see it
shared there as well.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆