[MR] Virtual Atlantia

Atlantian KMoAS atlantiankmoas at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 06:31:50 PDT 2020

Greetings from Lady Marion le Red Kingdom Minsister of Arts and Sciences,

I am excited to share the following post from their Highnesses Anton and
Luned. This is a new world we are living in and while we are all at home
having a single go to spot to find SCA happenings on line will be nice.
Please be on the watch for other announcements from Duchess Adelhait.

Marion

Hola Atlantia,

During this time when we are feeling disconnected and distanced from our
SCA family, His Highness and I are working on a new and exciting resource
to try and bring our community together. This new resource will be called
Virtual Atlantia, and we have asked Duchess Adelhait to spearhead this
special project. She will be working together with Lord Melchior to get
Virtual Atlantia up and running within the next few days.

We are starting with baby steps, using Google Calendar as our initial
platform, but this will be an evolving effort over the next few months. Our
first step is a calendar, with content collected from the Atlantian
community. What will this content be? It will be dates of on-going
activities throughout our kingdom, and links to such things as on line
classes, virtual demonstrations, practical how to videos, etc.

Tonight, His Highness, Duchess Adelhait, and I met with some of the leaders
of A&S in Atlantia: the Kingdom MoAS, the Chancellor of the University, and
the Principal of the Laurels. We are going to kick off Virtual Atlantia
with content from our Artisans and Scientists. Each of these august gentles
will be reaching out to their communities to ask for help in providing
information and content related to the Arts and Sciences to Virtual
Atlantia.

In the next day or so, Duchess Adelhait will post a link to the Virtual
Atlantia site where you can find a form to fill out so that the calendar
can be populated with dates, times and/or links, as applicable to the
content provided. It may be quite a while until we are able to gather
together in mass for an Atlantian event. Until then, use this information
to stay connected to your fellow Atlantians.

We know this isn’t a perfect solution.  We know that as we journey down
this virtual highway, we are bound to make some mistakes. All we can ask is
that you be patient and kind while we all negotiate this very difficult
time.  Know that each of us are trying our best to keep the Atlantian
banner flying high, until we can take the field in honor and glory once
more.

YIS,
Anton and Luned

--
*Yours, in Service & Art,*

Lady Marion le Red
*Atlantian Kingdom Minister of Arts & Sciences*