[MR] An important letter from the Society Seneschal

Atlantian Seneschal seneschal at atlantia.sca.org
Thu Jun 11 09:47:36 PDT 2020

To all Kingdom Seneschals,

    I want to reiterate a statement my predecessor made a few years ago on
the issue of doxxing

any SCA participant. I want you to alert all of your officers (Kingdom and
local group officers)

that doxxing (i.e. posting personal information/contact
information/political information/employment

information about individuals) is a violation of the SCA Code of Conduct
and the Anti-Bullying

and Harassment policy.

    Doxxing is also against the law in a number of jurisdictions.
Furthermore, doxxing may likewise

be actionable as an Invasion of Privacy which may result in a civil suit
and monetary damages.

Please convey to all of your officers—not only seneschals--at both the
Kingdom and local group

level that any officer of the SCA found to be doxxing is subject to
termination from their office.

I am instructing all Kingdom Seneschals and their deputies to obtain
screenshots of instances of

doxxing by any participant as this cannot be tolerated and offenders are
subject to being sanctioned

for this behavior.

Everyone needs to contemplate the consequences of their actions. I know
that there is a lot of anger

and frustration over recent events. However, as officers and members of the
SCA, we must act in

accordance with the very foundations of this organization: courtesy, honor,
chivalry and respect.

    We are all held to the standards of the Society. If there are
allegations that *any member* took part

in doxxing, that behavior will be reviewed for possible sanction against
the participants.

Officers have a responsibility to be leaders–to be part of a solution and
not part of the problem,

even when the fog of division, discord and blame makes it hard to see what
is truly important to us

all.

    It is times like these when we need to pull together, rally around what
is good about our Society

and lead by example. Even when the world appears bereft of courtesy, honor,
chivalry and respect,

we need to be an example of these virtues.

Respectfully,

Mike Watkins

Society Seneschal
Duchess Simone
Sarah Toich
Seneschal, Kingdom of Atlantia
seneschal at atlantia.sca.org
410-290-3961 NLT 10 pm

*“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you
plant.”Robert Louis Stevenson*