[MR] War of the Wings XV Announcement

Bonnie Harvey/ Alesia Gillefalyn alesiaglfyn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 16:20:04 PDT 2020

Greetings Atlantia,

As the summer heat sweeps across our fair Kingdom and many of us would be
heading to Pennsic, it is with a heavy heart that we must announce the
postponement of War of the Wings XV to October of 2021.

We were hoping through the use of the latest science from Da Vinci combined
with a little Celtic rain dancing that the plague which has been laying
siege to the entire Known World would have been beaten back, if not
defeated, by the time we would assemble our armies and artisans for War of
the Wings in October.

Unfortunately, the siege has not abated, and the enemy is surging back
throughout much of the Kingdom.  In order to keep all of us and the
communities we interact with safe we must forgo meeting in person at the
Castle.  However, fear not, our faithful War of the Wings staff will not
let you face the remaining days before our siege can be broken alone.

As is traditional in the life of Atlantia, upon returning from Pennsic our
attentions turn toward the south and War of the Wings.  Therefore, we will
be partnering with various virtual outlets to bring you War of the Wings
classes and A&S competitions.  Additionally, beginning in September, we
will have a series of virtual gatherings (classes, lectures or just simple
get togethers) focused on life during a siege and planning for when the
siege is lifted.  More to come on the specifics but know this – we are
planning more than just a virtual WOW but a buildup of activities towards
making War of the Wings XV the best it can be for all of you.

We want to thank Their Majesties, Luned and Anton along with our Kingdom
Seneschal Duchess Simone for letting us continue as your staff and agreeing
to most of the shenanigans we have planned in the coming months through to
next October.

As always, we would love to hear your feedback and suggestions for what we
can do during the siege as well as for WOW XV.  PLEASE SEND ALL FEEDBACK TO
wowautocrat at gmail.com.

Stay safe and stay strong family,

Elesar, Nikolai and Alesia

War of the Wings XV autocrats