[MR] Fall Online UofA: Class Proposals are due Aug 3!!

Adriana la Bretonne baronessadriana at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 06:02:19 PDT 2020

*We are now accepting class proposals for the Online Fall 2020 Session of
the University of Atlantia to be held Saturday, September 12. *

*All class proposals are due August 3.*

First, I want to note two important changes to the University of Atlantia
website <https://university.atlantia.sca.org/index.php>:

   1. We're now mobile-friendly!!!!!
   2. There's now a TA / Moderator field in the class proposal form. We are
   strongly encouraging instructors to have a TA to help you during your class
   with tasks such as monitoring the chat, approving attendees, making sure
   students with raised hands are called on, etc.

IMPORTANT INFO FOR STUDENTS & INSTRUCTORS:

   - Student registration is August 17-September. 10.
   - Classes times are Eastern.
   - Instructors must be willing to teach in an online format. Preferred
   platforms are Zoom or Google Meet.
   - We will have a tech support team available to support these two
   platforms.
   - Only registered students will have access to class links.
   - Our new Online Education Deputy, Baroness Sophia the Orange, will
   offer opportunities to learn how to teach / TA an online class. Keep an eye
   out for these.

*Link to submit a class proposal**:*
http://university.atlantia.sca.org/teach.php
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Funiversity.atlantia.sca.org%2Fteach.php%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0gZKE5mwBTc3Hg5RrXhY1uD0wa4GsKZSPR-NVlS5reko4K8hEsXzkAj14&h=AT36DV45GxBP-Nr7hhuZnDXrxG4-IhWO8PZQJgPh9F-9uErcg8kdIgjGQ0xqtZtvJ67zTbWlaYEIRzlmrtMpRsfzx2y5iA7RvQZL4dD2gY5PLRsead5FwUj9qLD0g1FEAjMqRJXO>

Beyond the usually required class info (instructor SCA & legal name, class
title & description, number of students, & duration of the class)
instructors MUST provide the following information:

   1. A planned online platform in the "Platform " field.
   2. A direct link to access your class in the "Class Requirements" field
   BEFORE September 4.

NOTE: We're asking instructors to send class handouts to your students
before the event if at all possible. You can do so by putting a link in
your class description, or emailing a link to pre-registered students after
student registration closes. Also, please consider recording your class and
sharing it with your students / or submitting it and / or your class
handouts to Virtual Atlantia <https://virtual.atlantia.sca.org/>.

In service,

Adriana la Bretonne, Chancellor university at atlantia.sca.org