[MR] DEI officer needed - Kingdom of Atlantia

Atlantian Seneschal seneschal at atlantia.sca.org
Sat Dec 5 11:06:17 PST 2020

This was published in the December Acorn- Please share

The Kingdom Seneschal’s office is looking to create a new Kingdom office
for DEI - Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. The Diversity, Equity, and
Inclusion (DEI) Office is committed to promoting the values of inclusion
throughout the SCA. The focus is equity, which is just and fair inclusion
into an organization in which all can participate, prosper, benefit, and
reach their full potential. The DEI office develops activities and training
to cultivate a climate in which all members are treated fairly and able to
thrive in a welcoming atmosphere. This work is compliant with
nondiscrimination laws, ADA laws, the SCA mission statement, and our
governing documents, especially our policies on harassment, bullying, and
hate speech. If you are interested in serving the Kingdom or want to assist
with setting up this new office at the Kingdom level, please contact me
directly at Seneschal at Atlantia.SCA.org. I will be accepting letters of
interest until December 20th, 2020. Letters of interest should include your
SCA and relevant professional experience as well as the reasons why you are
interested in the job. I will be sharing these letters with the Crowns as
well.  Information on the DEI office can be seen at
https://www.sca.org/dei-office/
Duchess Simone
Sarah Toich
Seneschal, Kingdom of Atlantia
seneschal at atlantia.sca.org
410-290-3961 NLT 10 pm

*“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you
plant.”Robert Louis Stevenson*