[MR] Virtual Courts, A Missive from Their Majesties

Webminister, Atlantia webminister at atlantia.sca.org
Wed Aug 12 15:32:11 PDT 2020

Dear Atlantia,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding Virtual Courts.  With almost

In favor of virtual courts: 93%
In favor of Kingdom business done via virtual courts: 94%
In favor of AoA level awards done via virtual courts: 82%
In favor of GoA level awards done via virtual courts: 81%
In favor of Peerage level awards done via virtual courts: 74%

We find these numbers compelling! After reviewing these responses, as well
as other correspondence received on this topic, We have decided to take
additional action to better understand your personal preferences regarding
receiving awards virtually.

Starting tonight, you will be able to use your AEL log-in to go to the ESP
system and specify whether you would be willing to receive a virtual award.
The ESP system will only be open for this "opt in" question for two weeks,
after which it will be locked until January. This locked "opt in" will help
Us know your wishes, but will also allow us to confidently plan future
courts and assign scrolls/artwork. Should the current moratorium on events
be extended past January, we would re-open the ESP system for another
round. For GOA and Peerage level awards, we would continue to contact the
candidates sponsor or peer, whenever possible, to determine whether to
proceed with the virtual award. All sponsors and/or peers should update any
watch lists to ensure the contact information is accurate.

Here are the instructions for using the "opt in":

 1) Go to the Electronic System for Polling, known as the ESP.
https://polling.atlantia.sca.org
(attached screen shot 1 - Home Page)
2a) If you have an account to any Atlantian Website (University, MOL,
Marshal, Awards, etc) use it to login to the ESP.  (between the Red Arrows
on screen shot 1)
2b) If you do not already have an account to any Atlantian Website, use the
"Request an Account" link to create a new one, then fill out the form on
the next page to create an account for yourself.  Be sure to include both
your Modern Name and Scadian which you received any awards under, or would
like to in the future.  Once created you do not need to create another
account for any Atlantian site, this account may be used to sign up for
University Classes, if you authorize in any combat form, or many other
tools within the Atlantian system. (between the Yellow Arrows on screen
shot 1)
3) Any account which does not already have an OP associated with it will
display a big red and yellow Error message whe you login to the ESP. Please
click on the "Report Error" button only once, it will notify the Site Web
Minister of the problem and include your account information to help get it
corrected quickly, usually a day or two at most. You will receive an email
back when your account now has an OP associated with it, or if there are
any questions. (attached screen shot 2 - No OP)
4) If your account already has an OP associated with it, then the Virtual
Court question will appear directly on your ESP Home Page.  Please select
your answer and click the save button.  You may change your answer up until
August 26th when all responses will be locked. (attached screen shot 3 -
Question)

Yours in Service,
Anton, Rex      Luned, Regina