[MR] University Credit at non-University Events

Adriana la Bretonne baronessadriana at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 08:08:58 PDT 2019

Q: Can students earn University of Atlantia credit for classes taken at
events other than University?

A: YES!

************************

Students can get University credit for classes taken at a Collegium,
Symposium or other official, non-University event (as defined by Kingdom
law) within the Kingdom of Atlantia. The event organizer just needs to
contact the Chancellor (university at atlantia.sca.org) in advance to ask for
permission.

Unfortunately, according to University policy, we cannot give credit to any
classes other than those offered at official SCA events in Atlantia. Thank
you for understanding.

Then whoever is organizing classes needs to collect rosters for each class
with the modern and SCA names of students and instructors present as well
as the title and length of the class.

After the event, those rosters can be mailed to the Registrar and she will
enter the data so credit is given. OR, they can be photographed or scanned
and emailed to the University Registrar (registrar at atlantia.sca.org).

For your convenience, we have a roster template if you wish to use it:
http://university.atlantia.sca.org/Collegium_Attendance_Sheet.pdf

In order to ensure that the participants receive timely degree awards,
rosters MUST be received within 60 days of the event date. If the rosters
are not received within 60 days, University credit allowance will be
revoked.

Note: Credits will only be granted to students. Instructor credits are
specifically reserved for teaching at a University. Also, these credits
affect the University degree system.

In service,
Adriana
Chancellor, University of Atlantia