[MR] History Blog: Re-enactor Shot by Cannon in Germany / Maximilian I

Dexter Guptill 3fgburner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 03:43:27 PDT 2019

And this is why the Guild of Saint Barbara is so absoultely fanatical about
correct cannon drill.

Erich von Kleinfeld, MG

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 6:17 AM Garth Groff and Sally Sanford via Atlantia <
atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org> wrote:

> Noble Friends,
>
> In a freak accident a female gun crew member was injured when a cannon
> misfired at a re-enactment event in Germany. After the woman was airlifted
> to a hospital, doctors were able to save her arm. The woman is a member of
> the Confederation of Upper Swabian Landsknechts who were rehearsing for a
> an event commemorating the death of Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I.
>
> This prompted the blogger to launch into a very interesting commentary on
> the life and accomplishments of Maximilian, who among other things created
> the Landsknechts, to give him a stable and professional fighting force.
>
> You can read both stories at http://www.thehistoryblog.com/archives/55024
> .
>
> Yours Aye,
>
> Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆

Dex
http://www.3fgburner.net

"Maxim 37: There is no overkill. There is only 'Open Fire', and 'I need to
reload'. " http://www.schlockmercenary.com