[MR] BBC: British Accent Quiz

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 02:09:11 PST 2018

Noble Friends,

Today the BBC is offering a brief and amuzing quiz to find if you have a
hidden British accent. The quiz has just ten questions about usage and
pronunciation, and takes five or so minutes:
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180205-which-british-accent-is-closest-to-your-own

According to the quiz, I have an "accent" closest to the east Midlands. I
would have loved to have fallen somewhere near Glasgow or Edinburgh.
[Sigh!] Much of my so-called natural accent is colored by my Iowan parents
and their light mid-western speech with soft extended vowels and a few
extra "r"s. But like wow dewd, you have to throw in like Californeeya where
I grew up in the sixties.

Have fun with this one.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿