[MR] Triton Herald Call for Letters of Intent

Craig morgul at sc.rr.com
Thu Aug 30 05:22:46 PDT 2018

Unto Your Majesties Dietrich and Una, Sultan and Sultana of Atlantia,
Your Highnesses Ragnarr and Lynette, Prince and Princess of Atlantia,
the Atlantian College of Heralds and Scribes, and the good Populace of
this wonderful Kingdom, Greetings from Cian Triton, Principal Herald of
Atlantia.

For the past 3 ½ years, it has been my honor and privilege to serve this
Kingdom as the Triton Principal Herald. It has been a journey that has
been fun, exciting, stressful at times, but so very rewarding.  It’s an
experience that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

After my initial term of 3 years, I asked for, and was granted, a 1 year
extension to my time in office.  That extension is beginning to come to
an end, and it is time for me to step aside.  I have loved this job, and
the people I have worked with, and it is very difficult for me to leave
this position.

However, I feel that somebody else should have the opportunity to lead
the College of Heralds and Scribes, and to serve the people of Atlantia.

Who will that somebody be?  Will it be you?

The position of Principal Herald of Atlantia is not an easy job, but it
is *so* rewarding.  You will be leading the most amazing group of
people, both heralds and scribes, and will have opportunities that you
might not otherwise have.

The job consists of a minimum of about 10 hours a week.

You will work closely with the Kings, Queens, Princes, Princesses,
Barons, and Baronesses of Atlantia.  You will have to advise, teach,
educate, encourage, and cajole a wide range of people.  You will serve
on the Kingdom Financial Committee, helping make financial  decisions
for the Kingdom.  You will work with the Society College of Arms, you
will get to attend the Known World Heralds and Scribes Symposium, you
will get to travel throughout the Kingdom.
Diplomatic skills are a must!

You will have the time of your life!

Triton Principal Herald is a Great Officer of State, with an initial
term of 3 years, and options to extend 1 year at a time.  The office
changeover will occur at 12th Night 2019.

Having consulted with Their Highnesses, I am putting out the official
call for Letters of Intent.  Letters should be sent to Their Highnesses
at trh {AT} atlantia.sca.org and to myself triton {AT} atlantia.sca.org
.  All letters are due in by Saturday, October 6, the date of Fall
Coronation.

If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to
contact me, and I will be happy to answer your questions and talk to you
about the position.

-Cian Triton