[MR] Trial by Fire and Lochmere Arrow "Thank You"s!

Deirdre O'Bardon via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Tue Sep 12 11:41:07 PDT 2017

Thank you to everyone who stepped upat Trial by Fire and the Lochmere Arrow. The event would not have happenedwithout you!

As always in Bright Hills, there was food.  Baroness Wynne, Mistress Brienna, MistressBec, Mistress Cordelia, Lord Raven, Baron Gustav and Lord Bruce were some ofthe prime movers behind the Trial by Fire cooking competition. There wereothers that also kept us fed. Friday night dinner came courtesy of Lady Liviand Mistress Brienna.  Saturday morningbreakfast was prepared by Lady Livi, Mistress Brienna and Baroness Wynne.  Lunch was prepared and served for theequestrians by Baroness Wynne, various members of the Bright Hills Cooks Guild,and NatalieHenderson Baird and Timothy Baird of the Equestrians.  And someone in the Bright Hills set up andbroke down the tables for the potluck. Unfortunately, my brain has fritzed onwho was involved, but thank you!  Everyone that enjoyed sekunjabin should thankLady Livi who consistently makes the sekunjabin and transports and sets up theSekunjabin Tavern.

Bright Hills archers Baron Seamus,Lord Janyn, Lord Aiden, Lord Godai, Lord David FitzMartin and Lord Dagfinnr wereamong the many who organized the Lochmere Arrow competition. The same archers andat least one non-archer, Joe, set-up and broke down targets and other archeryequipment.

Mistress Fevronia sponsored and ran thebardic competition.  Baroness Katarzynaensured there were children’s activities and Lady Umm Samin (who is not evenfrom Bright Hills) taught both children and adults.

Lord Cairell kindly handled thepreregistration.  Lord Alexander Fowlerand Lady Yseult did a great job handling Troll and Lord Randver handled parkingand placed signs.
 Many, many people helped withset-up, breakdown and just doing whatever needed doing during the event.  Lord Raven, Baron Gustav, Lord Morton, MasterWyn, Lord Yukimura, Lady Aye and Lord Alexander de Burdegala helped get thepavilions and tables set-up and broken down. I would especially like to thank those that stayed to the very end: Lord Raven, Baron Gustav, Master Wyn and Lord Yukimura.  I know I could not have moved that 20 by 40pavilion by myself! Lord Aiden disposed of the trash on very short notice.
Ofcourse, many thanks go to those who provided tents! Without tents, it would have been impossible to hold the event.  They included Lord Raven,Mistress Brienna, Master Chirhart, Mistress Bec, Baron Kollack and BaronessRebecca and the archers!
Iknow there were others that helped, but my steel sieve of a mind won’t let merecall your names, so please understand that I thank you for your service!

MasterWyn, Meisterin Johanna and Lady Tatsume helped me transport items that came intwo vehicles and had to return in one. I really needed that! Mistress Olwen andLord Morton got me started Sunday morning. Huge thanks go to my husband LordLlywellyn Blaidd Coch for ensuring that people were there to help with my stuffwhen he had to leave early and to Lord Morton for shadowing me the entire event andoffering to help, usually before I even knew I needed it!

Deirdre O’Bardon

Poetry, subtleties, cooking, bardcraft . . .

Deirdre_OBardon at yahoo.com