[MR] (no subject)

Garth Groff mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 01:52:13 PST 2017

Noble Friends,

After a long time being unable to post to the Merry Rose, I am pleased
to be back, though using a new email address. It is
mallardlodge1000 at Gmail.com, should any of you wish to update your
address books. Lady Sarah and I still maintain sarahsan at embarqmail.com
for direct contact and other uses, but due to computer issues it no
longer works on Atlantia's server.

So for today: 28 November 1489 was the birthday of Margaret Tudor,
daughter of English king Henry VII, and also sister to the future
Henry VIII: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Tudor

Margaret married James IV of Scotland in 1503, and ushered in an era
of wary peace with England. This was broken by James in 1513 when he
attacked England to support France during the War of the League of
Cambrai. James was killed at the Battle of Flodden (he was a pretty
good king--for a Stewart, but a rather poor general). Henry VIII
returned to an uneasy peace with Scotland out of respect for Margaret
until her death in 1541.

Margaret was the great-grandmother of James VI of Scotland, who
ascended the English throne in 1603 as James I of England.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge