[MR] The Siege of Troy--a Grand Armored Melee September 23

Joselin d'outremer via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sun Jul 23 11:29:14 PDT 2017

At this year's Battle on the Bay on September 23, we will stage a grand
melee in the style of the great contests of old.  On our grassy list we
shall recreate the Siege of Troy where did the heroes of Greece beach their
ships at the edge of the wine-dark sea.  Come, o flower of Chivalry, bring
your squires and your men-at-arms.  Come all you companies and archers and
spearmen.  Come all you warriors who seek glory and honor and exult in the
clash of arms, for you shall have your fill of battle!  Gather your heralds
and bards and spend the long summer days retelling the tales of Homer, for
the fall shall come sooner than you think.

--------

Expect a long series of linked combats that challenge the intellect as well
as the sword arm. Units are most welcome, as are combat archers.  We will
support siege if field space allows.  Expect to fight until you cannot lift
your sword of spear or bow.  We'll divide into two teams with subteams and
designated heroes from the great stories.  Heralds and bards are welcome
also, for you too shall have a role setting the scenes.  I'm especially in
need of marshals to support a large melee like this.

This should be a unique experience, and I hope you'll come.  I think it'll
be a good time.  Spread the word, especially to Aethelmarc and the East.

Contact me if you have any questions or would like to help.

Regards,

Joselin d'outremer

p.s.  If you'd like to get into the spirit, check out the Robert Fagles
translation on audiobook.  It makes great listening for the drive to
Pennsic.