[MR] San Marino Crossbow Corps.

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 02:09:04 PST 2017

Noble Friends,

In the past I have posted about La Federazione Balestrieri Sammarinesi, San
Marino's crossbow crops. A few years back their web site was taken down.
Recently I did a recheck, and found that they have a new web site with some
really great color photos (sadly, no longer with English text). Even if you
aren't into crossbows and don't read Italian, their costumes (which appear
to be early-to-mid 15th C. to my untrained eye) are well worth a visit:
http://www.federazionebalestrieri.sm .

Some of you might not know about San Marino. It is a delightful
postage-stamp country, a republic since the middle ages, and completely
surrounded by Italy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Marino . The
Federazione Balestrieri seems to be their main tourist draw.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Archer of Mallard Lodge