[MR] Smoking at events

Atlantian Seneschal via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Mon May 9 19:09:50 PDT 2016

Good evening Atlantia,

I've had several complaints about smoking at events in the past months so
I'd like to remind you about the rules regarding smoking (and this includes
e-cigarettes (vaping) as well). Any type of fume can be an irritant to
someone, and this past weekend someone was smoking under the pavillion
during court. They courteously put out the cigarette as soon as they were
asked, but no one should be smoking in the central areas of events,
including around the field. Please be conscious of the policy and this will
not be an issue.

Events should have a designated smoking area and autocrats should make sure
to provide information about where this is.

Kingdom law states:

*"10.1.2 *Smoking is forbidden in the central area of a Society event.

 The central area of an event is defined as any area where people must be
present in order to participate in the event, such as the hall where a
feast is taking place, or the lists and the area surrounding them during a
tournament.

 Smoking is permitted in the interior of a pavilion only with the express
permission of the owner of the pavilion."

Please contact me if you have any questions,

Duchess Marie-Simone de Barjavel 'la fildena
Seneschal, Kingdom of Atlantia
seneschal at atlantia.sca.org