[MR] Defending the Gate Feast

Brian Bertrand via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Wed Mar 23 06:04:31 PDT 2016

To all those who may read these words does Lord Bertran de Saint Jean, head
cook for Defending the Gate send fair and heartfelt greetings.  It is my
distinct honor to present to all a feast of Prussian deliciacies following
the day’s revelry.  I present for your consideration the course of dishes,
with full ingredients below.  Know that if a dish is marked (GF), truly it
is gluten-free.  Also know that certain dishes, which are not so marked,
that we are still attempting to present as gluten-free, so prithee check
the final full ingredients list, which shall be available at the Gate upon
registry.  My staff and I look forward to seeing you three days hence.  I
may be reached with any questions at bertran.de.st.jean at gmail.com

*Sauces*

*Lord’s Sauce (Cinnamon sauce)*

    *Ingredients*

       Ground cloves

       Nutmeg

       Cardamom

       Black pepper

       Red wine vinegar

       Cinnamon

       Ginger

       Bread crumbs

*Honey Butter (GF)*

     *Ingredients*

       Wildflower honey

       Butter

*Orange Sauce (GF)*

     *Ingredients*

       Butter

       Honey

       Orange zest

*Sweet Mustard (GF)*

*Spicy Mustard (GF)*

*Whipped Butter (GF)*

*First Remove*

*Smoked gouda (GF)*

*Manchego (GF)*

*Fresh-baked pretzels*

     *Ingredients*

       Active dry yeast

       Bread flour

       Light brown sugar

       Vegetable oil

       Sea salt

       Baking soda

       Eggs

*Sausages in Pottage (GF)*

    *Ingredients*

      Bratwurst

       Apples

       Onions

       Butter

       Nutmeg

       Cloves

       Sherry

       Sugar

*Second Remove*

*Koken wan Honer (Chicken Pies) (Available GF, ask server)*

    *Ingredients*

       Chicken thighs

       Butter

       Olive oil

       Cumin

       Sage

       Sea salt

       Black pepper

       Garlic

       Whole milk

       Pie crust (GF offering is filling only)

*Brat Ruben (Roasted Root Vegetables) (GF)*

     *Ingredients*

       Parsnips

       Beets

       Turnips

       Carrots

       Olive oil

       Sugar

*Spenat (Spinach)*

     *Ingredients*

       Spinach

       Butter

       Bacon

       Currants

       Black pepper

       Ginger

*Third Remove*

*Sauerbraten (Marinated beef) (GF)*

     *Ingredients*

       Beef

       Onions

       Parsnips

       Cloves

       Peppercorns

       Bay leaves

       Red wine vinegar

       Ginger snaps (gluten free)

       Corn starch

*Bohemian Pease (GF)*

     *Ingredients*

       Pease

       Cardamom

       Nutmeg

       Raw sugar

       Ginger

       Marsala wine

*Rotkhol mit Apfeln (Red Cabbage with Apples) (GF)*

     *Ingredients*

       Red cabbage

       Apples

       Butter

       Onions

       Red wine vinegar

       Ruby port

       Sugar

       Black pepper

       Ground cloves

       Bay leaves

       Lemon juice

*Fourth Remove*

*Lebkuchen (Walnut cookies) (GF) served with Kirschen (GF) (Wine-stewed
cherries) and whipped cream (GF)*

     *Ingredients*

       Walnuts

       Candied orange peel

       Orange zest

       Cinnamon

       Ground cloves

       Coriander

       Allspice

       Nutmeg

       Cardamom

       Vanilla

       Sugar

       Eggs

       Dried cherries

       Merlot wine

       Heavy cream

       Sugar

--
In Service to the Dream,

Brian C. Bertrand
SKA-Bertran de Saint Jean

I am a fan of the cereal comma:  Part of a balanced breakfast that includes
milk, juice, and toast.

Showing deference to those with power over you is not courtesy, it is
self-preservation.  Showing deference to those over whom you have power is
not only courtesy, but grace.