[MR] SPACSS archery Challenge in Atlantia

Grimm via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Thu Jun 16 08:42:05 PDT 2016

My Good and Noble Atlantian Friends of the Bow,

The Middle has asked for all allies to shoot the  Standard Pennsic Archery
Champions Style Shoot, SPACSS for short. This is a golden opportunity to
show not only our might on the archery range, but our weight as well. It is
often spoken of our prowess as an archery kingdom, and now it is time to put
our money where our mouth is.  To that end Grimmsfield has issued a
challenge, The Atlatian SPACSS archery shoot.

                IT'S ON! We now have 4 practices willing to shoot the SPACSS
on June 26th. In the North, we have the Bright Hills Practice, in the DC
Area we have the Roxbury Mills Practice, In VA we have Grimmsfield, and in
the South we have Lorelei's practice.

                To add some spice to this exciting day, I am issuing a
challenge to all other practices! Any practice (private, baronial, shire, or
canton) that can submit more scores to the SPACSS shoot over the last
weekend of June then Grimmsfield will receive a dozen Royal Round Targets to
that practice or practices.  Please note, this prize does not go to the
practice with the most, but to any practice that can get more scores then
Grimmsfield.  This will be for new scores as well as archers increasing
their current scores. If there are any other practices that would like a
piece of this action, please speak up. I will accept scores from Friday,
Saturday or Sunday.  Because I know that none of you can beat the might of
the archers who shoot at Grimmsfield, I will be happy to deliver these
targets to you by crawling into court on my hands and knees and proclaiming
to all the might of the archers of your practice.

                In other news from this shoot, Atlantia now has 7 scores for
the shoot posted, all in the top 12. We hold spot 2, 3. 4. 7, 8, 10, & 12.
This is a great Start, but let's truly shows them the weight of the
Atlantian Archery program.  Even if you are not going to Pennsic or do not
think you will try out for the champions team, please come out and shoot
this to show the size of the Atlantian Archery programs.

For more information on the SPACSS or practices participating in this
challenge, please see http://www.grimmsfield.com/SPACSS.html.

Good shooting and I look forward to seeing you on the range.

Your servant,

Grimm

Greetings unto the fair populace of Atlantia.

The Middle has already posted 39 scores from archers in their lands, and
even Meridies has a shooter. Until Grimmsfield shot this last Monday,
Atlantia was completely absent from this challenge. YES, I know the shoot is
a preliminary for the champions shoot, and not everyone is going to Pennsic
or trying out for the team; however, it is also a chance for all of Atlantia
to show its dominance in the archery world. Our own Deputy Earl Marshal of
Target Archery,  Lord Seamus McRay called for all archers to take the field
and show Atlantias might on the range. Let us overwhelm the middle with the
sheer volume of archers that Atlantia can field as well as claiming all of
the honors of the top spots in this shoot.

To this end, I have set up the challenge at Grimmsfield and invite all
archers and those interested in archery, or those just interested in showing
the might and power of Atlantia to shoot this challenge on Sunday June 26th
from 11 am till dusk. We have a full complement of loaner gear as well as
people willing to help you learn to shoot. This need not be an all-day event
if other business presses, but please come and join us for an hour or 2 if
you can. If you cannot make it during this time but want your name to
represent Atlantia, please pm me and I can arrange a time for you to shoot
the shoot.

Grimmsfield will be cooking hotdogs and Bratwurst in sauerkraut over the
fire to as a repast from the shooting. Anyone coming is invited to bring
snacks or a side dish to go along with this.

For more information please see: http://www.grimmsfield.com/SPACSS.html

Looking forward to shooting with you,

Your servant,

Grimm

TL:DR: Archery at Grimmsfield 6/26/16 11 a.m. to dusk. Pennsic Practice &
Potluck Supper