[MR] A Poetry Challenge for Pennsic!!!

Katherine Hawkins via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Mon Jul 25 11:39:37 PDT 2016

 Greetings to the Kingdom of Atlantia from Lady Katarzyna Witkowska.    Please forgive the latenotice but I will make this easy!  TheKnowne World Poetry Competition will be held on Monday, August 8, at Pennsic inconjunction with Poetry Day at Artisan's Row. The theme for this year's competition is easy – any subject of your choosing!  Your poem may be on any periodor anachronist subject.  Your poem may benew or one you have on hand but it may nothave won another competition.  Requirements are as follows:Poems may be written in any period style or language (translationsmust be provided).  At a minimum your documentation should include thestyle of poetry, the time period, and how your poem meets thosequalifications.  Documentation shall beno more than three (3) pages (bibliographies and portions of period poemexamples do not count toward these three pages). Only one entry per person willbe accepted.  This is a non-performance competition.  Your writtenwords alone speak for your poetic prowess.  If you are a novice poet(writing for less than one year) please indicate that on yourentry.  Entries will be judged on the following:
   - use ofperiod imagery
   - use ofperiod style and convention
   - complexityof the piece
   - writtendocumentation
   - overalljudges' impressionYou may submit your poem to me, Lady Katarzyna Witkowska, atA&S display on Sunday, August 7, or at Artisan's Row before 11:00 a.m. onMonday.  Alternatively, you may submit your entry electronically directlyto me at k_hawk_us at yahoo.com.  Even if you are attending Pennsic feelfree to forward your entry to me beforehand.  Electronic entries may besent from now through July 29, 2016.The winner will be announced at 4:00 p.m. at the Poetry tent onArtisan's Row.  Please provide contact information so your prize may beforwarded if you are not present.  There will be a separate prize fornovice poets if there are at least two entries.
Pleasealso plan to participate in Poetry Day at Artisan's Row by displaying yourworks and sharing your expertise and love of Poetry.  Displays and performance of works are welcome Please let me know if you can donate some time so I can allow the proper spacefor your entry.  If you can participate in individual discussions,performance, or display, please let me know.If youwould like to judge, please let me know.  If you have any questions,please contact me at k_hawk_us at yahoo.com.  "A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightning."  James Dickey