[MR] Celts, Kilts & Clans - Bright Hills Baronial Birthday Event

Karen Whitlock via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Fri Jan 29 14:55:23 PST 2016

Please note – this is an updated schedule

Greetings All,

    February is drawing nigh!  Bright Hills Baronial Birthday – Celts, Kilts and Clans is but a short 2 weeks away!  The date is Feb. 13th, 2016. Thus I thought it wise to advise you of more interesting details on the event.

Here is the updated proposed schedule* - subject to change as things unplanned happen.

Site opens at 7:00 AM for staff, cooks, etc. to set up.   Merchants are welcome to check in as of 8:00 AM and begin set up of their booths.

Event and check-in open to all at 9:30 AM

10:00 – A & S opens for entries
   (Weather Permitting* – Martial, Archery activities and MoL check in begin)
11:00 – Illumination class, Heralds Consult table opens, Children’s activities begin (These count as Page Classes)
12:00 – Lunch – A fundraiser for the Baronial equestrians.
1:00 – Bardic Bear Pit begins
2:00 – Youth fighting begins– weather permitting* Heralds consult table closes
3:00 – SCA Courtesies and customs class
4:00 – A & S closes – please pick up your entries.
5:00 – Court
6:00 – Feast
10:00 – Hall closes

Please note – there will be a sign up sheet at troll for feast seating.

Activities that will be ongoing throughout the day;

The Sekunjabin Tavern
Merchanting!  We have some delightful merchants attending.   Miriam's Fibers (saris and lots of pretty silken thread), Drogo Rabenswald (blacksmith), Lambert's glass (glass vessels mis-stuff two for the price of one) and rumors of others!

Other goodies;
 The Baronial A&S Champion will be chosen at Baronial Birthday.  The theme is All Things Celtic!  You might want to weave a tartan, create a knotwork arm ring, paint zoomorphic animals on pottery, or do something entirely different!  Earn extra points by staying on theme. Win a prize or win the championship!  Documentation is preferred, but not required.  Duties of the Baronial A&S Champion include entering the InterBaronial Champions Competition at Kingdom A&S a few weeks after you officially step down.  That way you have time to prepare a great entry.  Contact Lady Deirdre O’Bardon with questions – Deirdre_obardon at yahoo.com
The Baronial Brewing Champion will be chosen at Baronial Birthday.  Contact Lady Nem inghean Dochartaigh for details – nrf642002 at yahoo.com
Join Lady Katarzyna Witkowska for Childrens activities. Hear the story of Etain who became a butterfly.  Later, make butterflies in assorted media or color pictures of butterflies and Celtic symbols. These are Page Classes.
Lady Aemilia Rosa is offering a class in Illumination for beginners as well as a competition for Baronial scroll blanks.
Theme: Celtic
Create a scroll blank tying in with the theme of our event (Celtic, Highland). It must be c.1600 or earlier and documentation is a plus! This will be a donation to Bright Hills for their scroll blanks. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. All levels of artists are strongly encouraged to participate.
Should the weather favor our fighters, we will also have Youth fighting.  If your youngster wishes to participate please make sure you have all the required paperwork.
For those interested in the Lunch and Feast menu, here are the details.
Lunch is a fundraiser for the Bright Hills Equestrians.
There will be a choice of Lentil or Squash soup, Beef stew, Bread, Cheese and Fruit.  Suggested donation is $5.00.
 The Feast

First Course
Cock-a-Leekie Soup
Roast Pork Loin with mustard sauces
         Mustard
      Horseradish Mustard
Armored Turnips
Herbed Peas
Roasted Apples
Oatmeal and Hazelnut Bread
Between
Blood Oranges (Jelly in Peel)
Nuts
Second Course
Spiced Beef
Salmon Pasties and Mushroom Pasties
Honeyed Carrots
Mashed Parsnips
Fine Wheat Bread
Dessert
A Dessert Table will be laid with Shortbread, Welsh Cakes, Fruited Bread and Scones.
Additional Dishes for  the High Table
Haggis
Salmon
This Menu may be changed by the Cooks.
More news as it develops!  For specifics on cost, directions, etc., kindly see our latest information on the Baronial website at brighthills.atlantia.sca.org   Click on Baronial Events for the details.
I hope to see you there,
I remain, in service and in Friendship
Chagan Khulan,  Autocrat

Sent from Mail for Windows 10