[MR] Archers vs Invaders -- April in Bright Hills

Karen Setze via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Mon Feb 29 21:09:54 PST 2016

AtlantianRoyal Archery Tournament: Stop the Invasion!April 9, 2016Barony of Bright Hills
 Let the word go forth:Atlantia faces imminent invasion. The kingdom's defenses rely on thestrength, skill, and stout hearts of the men and women of the bow. But numbers alone will not save the realm. The accuracy and speed ofthe kingdom's premier archers are the weapons that will slay theterrible tyrants and cruel conspirators driving the attack.
 In addition to deciding thenext Atlantian Royal Archer, the day will also offer the opportunityto compete for a prize arrow and the year's bragging rights as thebest in any royal round ranking except novice.
Martial Activities:  target archery

A&S Activities: Bards, Musicians, Dancers,Poets, Philosophers, Storytellers, Performers of all kinds, areinvited to while away the day in or near the renowned SekunjabinTavern, singing songs, swapping stories, sharing gossip and brewingmischief. The autocrat offers prizes for archery-themed performances.

Children's Activities: a tournament to slaysmall dragons with miniature crossbow and trebuchet and marshmallowamunition, and dragon eggs to color, all run by Lady KatarzynaWitkowska.

Cost:
       Adult, Member:             $12.00 Day-Trip $0.00 Feast     $0.00 Camping
       Adult, Non-Member:      $17.00 Day-Trip$0.00 Feast     $0.00 Camping
       Youth (6-17):                  $6.00  Day-Trip  $0.00 Feast     $0.00 Camping
       Child (0-5):                    $0.00    Day-Trip  $0.00 Feast    $0.00 Camping

Make Checks Payable To:  SCA-MD,Inc., Barony of Bright Hills

Cost Notes:  Nofamily (of parents and children) will pay more in site fees than thecost of two adults and two children, $36, (not counting non-membersurcharges.)  Refunds will be given if requested by May 1,2016.

Site:  Baltimore Bowmen, 10301Harford Road, Glen Arm, MD 21057.  Site opens at 9 am and closesat 6 pm.

Site Restrictions:  Alcohol is forbiddenon the archery ranges. Pets are allowed on site but must be leashedand owners must clean up after them. No smoking in the building ortoilets.

Lunch will be a fund-raiser for theBright Hills Cooks Guild.
Merchanting Information:  Merchants areMOST welcome! Contact the Merchant Coordinator: Lady Livia di Samuele(mka Sherrill Abramson). 7927 Mandan Road, Apt. 104, Greenbelt, MD20770. (301)807-5476; abramsonsm[AT]gmail.com

Autocrat's Information:  Lady YseulteTrevelyn (Karen Setze), 1629 Riedel Road, Crofton, MD 21114, Phone: (410) 721-4752, E-mail: yseulteharper at gmail.com

Reservations:  LordCairell MacCormaick (Carl Jacobs), 7927 Mandan Road, Apt. 104,Greenbelt, MD 20770,  Phone: (443) 416-8356, E-mail: cairellmaccormaic[AT]yahoo.com

Directions:  From the North: Take I-695 towards Towson, and take Exit 31BHarford Road. Follow Harford Road about 2 miles, through threetraffic lights. Once you pass the second light, North Wind Road, youare very close. Follow Harford Road down the hill a ¼  mile andwatch for signs on the right. Turn right and go through twogates. You are there!