[MR] Barony of Ponte Alto Investiture

Theresa O Cahir via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Tue Feb 9 16:17:57 PST 2016

It's just more than a week away when we celebrate the 5-year reign and many good deeds of Baron Drogo and Baroness Adina, and watch Their Royal Majesties invest Lord Alric the Mad and Lady Cellach Mór as the new Baron and Baroness.  We will honor our Italian heritage on our Baronial Birthday with the theme “Carnevale in an Italian Town Square”.
I would like to remind you of the many A&S activities that will be happening that day and encourage you to participate:
--The Poeta Atlantiae, Katarzyna Witkowska, is sponsoring a medieval poetry competition. The theme is to write a poem honoring your barony, or its people, or your present or past baronage. If you are not from Ponte Alto, write about your own barony. There will be a youth and an adult competition. Documentation is encouraged and earns extra points but is not required.
-- From Master Marcellus, Baronial Minister of Arts & Sciences: Baronial Birthday and Investiture is the time for Alric and Kel, our next Baron and Baroness, to select their A&S and Performing Arts champions! There will be space available for an open A&S display area for both completed projects and works-in-progress. All are encouraged to bring out their latest and greatest A&S projects and compete for the title of Baronial A&S Champion. Documentation is encouraged but not required. Please register with me at the A&S display area if you wish to be considered for Champion. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at moas at pontealto.atlantia.sca.org--There will also be an open bardic competition for Baronial Bardic Champion. The competition will be two rounds. Bring your best! There will be extra points for pieces that are either period (documentation not required) or fit the theme of the event. Questions regarding the competition may be directed to Lord Hákon, Ponte Alto's Bardic Champion (mka Milton Nye Weatherhead) at milton.weatherhead at yahoo.com.
--If you would like to perform, but not be considered for Baronial Bardic Champion, there will be many opportunities before Morning and Afternoon Court as well as during the lunchtime feast for performances!!--Baroness Emma West will be collecting items for the Gulf Wars Gift Basket (the Crown of Ansteorra will be the recipient).
Pre-registrations are still being taken, but get envelopes in the mail soon!  More information, including the lunchtime feast menu, can be found at http://pontealto.atlantia.sca.org/events/Investiture2016.php

We look forward to hosting you on February 20th!
In Service,
Theresa
Lady Theresa O Cahir
Theresa Crean
Event Steward, Barony of Ponte Alto Investiture
703-644-2930 (home; after 3:00 pm EST)
804-432-3226 (cell; anytime, please leave a voicemail if I don't pick up while I'm at work)