[MR] Performing Arts Schedule for Twelfth Night is here!

Lara Coutinho via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Tue Dec 27 22:06:26 PST 2016

Performing Arts Schedule for Twelfth Night is here! See details in the
Performing Arts Guild Blog post here:
http://perform.atlantia.sca.org/atlantia-kingdom-twelfth-night-events-performing-arts-schedule/

The holiday season brings a joyous occasion for our kingdom to gather in
friendship and celebration of our many blessings! Many of us will enjoy the
kingdom’s Twelfth Night event on January 14th, 2017 in Greensboro, NC:
http://www.twelfthnight.atlantia.sca.org/

Performers and those who enjoy being an audience will revel in an
embarrassment of riches at Twelfth Night! See the schedule of Performing
Arts Activities below, and don’t hesitate to contact the Performing Arts
Coordinator, Lady Sophia the Orange via orangesophie AT gmail DOT com for
more information.

10:00am
Dance class begins in the Grand Salon 2 (Performing Arts area upstairs
middle section of Ballroom)
Our Twelfth Night Dance Leader is Lady Elizabeth of Northumberland (Sarah E
Mills) with support from our Royal Player in Dance, Lady Nicolosa d’Isenfir
(Kendra Schmid). They will be able to teach you many dances, likely even if
you have one to request that is not previously published on the evening’s
dance list.

During morning court, attendees will witness the beginning act of the
Twelfth Night Murder Mystery.

12:00noon
Royal Bard competition Round 1 begins downstairs in the el Salon de Baile
(Ballroom-the end of the hall with head table) run by Master Ruaidhri An Cu
and Lord Gideon ap Stephan (Steve Shell) , Royal Bards of 2016.

Royal Bard’s announcement text:

“My Lords and Ladies, Most Worthy Peers, and dearest cousins, Once more the
time has come to select those who will serve as Royal Bards for Their
Majesties and Their successors. At the celebration of Twelfth Night a
competition will be held and Lord Gideon, the Bard of the South, and I
encourage all bards to come and compete. The competition will be comprised
of three rounds.

In the first and second round competitors should perform pieces in
different modes. For example, if a story is performed in the first round,
the bard should perform a song, instrumental piece, poem, or some-such for
the second round. One of the pieces performed in the first two rounds must
be period, documentation should be provided. Please limit pieces to five
minutes. Extra consideration shall be given to bards who perform original
compositions in addition to the period piece.Those bards who are selected
for the final round shall perform for Their Majesties and the populace
during feast. Pieces should be limited to eight minutes. Should you have
any questions, concerning the competition, appropriate pieces, etc., please
feel free to contact me.
Your servant, if you would have me,
Olaugh Ruaidhri an Cu (Bard of the North) Email: ruaidhriancu at gmail.com
Phone: (301)570-9434 Facebook: Ruaidhri an Cu”

12:30am
Mini-Concerts in la Rotanda begin for All Performers who have signed up
ahead of time here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yP5JiCAaCOroVI64Ye8QI-OQS6AOQM4HWftY2lEkCt0/edit?usp=sharing
SIGN UP AT THIS LINK! THIS IS WHERE YOU SIGN UP FOR PERFORMANCE SLOTS!
Mini-Concerts run from end of morning court (~12:30pm) until the beginning
of afternoon court (5:00pm).

1:00pm
Act 2 of the Murder Mystery begins in the Grand Salon 2 (Performing Arts
area upstairs middle section of Ballroom)
(for more info on the Murder Mystery, reach out to Sata Prescott)

2:00pm
Shakespearean Recitation Competition begins in la Rotanda. This competition
is brought to you by our Royal Player in Theater, Lady Meriorie
Matheson (Shayna
Wooldridge) . Sign up here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-I8MzWumXriZnp7mSwj9W0XNciqinEEWHKg2fR1ortA/edit?usp=sharing
SIGN UP AT THIS LINK! THIS IS WHERE YOU SIGN UP FOR PERFORMANCE SLOTS!

Dance Class #2 begins in the Grand Salon 2 (Performing Arts area upstairs
middle section of Ballroom)

Dance Band Rehearsal begins downstairs in the el Salon de Baile
(Ballroom-the end of the hall with head table) The Twelfth Night Dance Band
is a pick up band brought together for one day under the fearless and
skilled direction of our Royal Player in Music, Mistress Azza (Zoe Kuhn
Williams) . Any instrumentalist is welcome to join in the band.
Here is the link for the google doc with the play list and links to
downloadable music:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YeM3VdOfQ1qvh-aR8lzYk4KwrJk8j_w2-y6OJF8Fryo/edit#gid=0

3:00pm
Royal Bard competition Round 2 begins in Grand Salon 2 (Performing Arts
area upstairs middle section of Ballroom)

At 3:00pm in the Throne Section of the Ballroom, there will be a “Garb
Runway Challenge” hosted by the Clothiers Guild. The organizer of the event
has asked for musicians to play some background music while the entrants
proceed down the runway. Musicians can contact Lord Johann von Solothurn
for more information. If you don’t know how to catch Johann, please direct
questions to Sophia the Orange.

4:00pm
Commedia dell’arte performance by i Firenzi of “Arlecchino of La Mancha” in
the Sala del trono (throne room). Set up your seats early before court to
hear the true story of how Don Quixote really went mad back in La Mancha!
If you don’t know what Commedia dell’ Arte is yet, start at the troupe’s
web page: http://ifirenzi.com.

5:00pm
Their Atlantian Majesties’ Evening Court begins in the Sala del Trono
(throne room)

8:00pm
The La Danza de Oro (the Dance of Gold) begins in the upstairs Grand Salon 3

Thank you for your attention, and I look forward to seeing you at Twelfth
Night!
Sincerely,
Lady Sophia the Orange, Guildmistress, Atlantia Performing Arts Guild