[MR] Atlantian Royal Archer Tournament -- YOU WANT TO BE THERE

Karen Setze via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sun Apr 3 20:10:46 PDT 2016

  AtlantianRoyal Archery Tournament: Stop the Invasion!April 9, 2016Barony of Bright Hills
We need the archers ofthe kingdom, we need the children, we need the bards, SCA garage-saledonations, Merchants and shoppers to help stop the invasionthreatening our beloved kingdom. Now, YOU all need the schedule:
8:00a.m.Site opens for merchant, cook, garage-sale vendors, children's dragonhunt, and bard set up.
9:00a.m. Site AND troll opens to the public.
10:00a.m. Opening of SCA Garage Sale
10:00a.m. Archer equipment inspection begins.
10:30a.m. The shoot begins.
11:00a.m.Children's Dragon Hunt begins.
NOON –Cooks Guild fund-raiser lunch begins.
5:00p.m.? Final round of archery tourney, with prizes awarded shortlyafter.
7:00p.m.?Range closes to all archers, site closes.
Andfor those who missed previous announcements, here's a replay:
(Inspirational Flavor Text) Atlantiafaces imminent invasion. The kingdom's defenses rely on thestrength, skill, and stout hearts of the men and women of the bow. The accuracy and speed of the kingdom's premier archers are theweapons that will slay the terrible tyrants and cruel conspiratorsdriving the attack.
Translation: We'rehosting the annual tournament to select the next Atlantian RoyalArcher, and the theme for the shoot is invasion of the kingdom. INADDITION, we'reoffering opportunities to compete for a prize arrow and a year'sbragging rights as the kingdom's best in any royal round categoryexcept Novice.
(Resume Flavor Text)
   - Stop the presses! We have an urgent plea from Lady Katarzyna Witkowska, Chief Dragon Wrangler, for the Barony of Bright Hills: Even as we await invasion, our barony has been overrun by small, pesky dragons! We need the energy and ambition of young, budding archers [the children] to participate in a tournament and slay the pests with our trebuchet and crossbows. You can also decorate your own dragon egg, and color.  Please help!
Translation: There will be a children's tournament to slay small dragons withminiature crossbow and trebuchet and marshmallow amunition. Therewill also be dragon eggs to decorate.
(Resume Flavor Text) Itwill take many hands besides those of our premier archers to save ourkingdom. We also call upon bards to come lend their breath to songsand sagas, and bend the strings of their instruments to inspire ourforces to feats of daring and skill.

Translation: Theautocrat offers a day-long bardic circle. Performers of all kindswelcome. Prizes for archery-themed performances. (In other words:Bards, Musicians, Dancers, Poets,Philosophers, Storytellers, Performers of all kinds, are invited tohang out in or near the renowned Sekunjabin Tavern, singing songs,swapping stories, sharing gossip and brewing mischief.)
(ResumeFlavor Text)Are youlooking to find new homes for garb, accessories, feast gear and therest of the panoply of items used make your personnae come alive?Bring your treasures to the Kingdom Archery Tournament and donate toenhancing Bright Hills' Baronial Regalia. Come to donate and buy!
Translation:For all those who want to clear their closets, drawers and shelves tomake room for the new things they want to make or buy, Lady Livia diSamuele is hosting an SCA Garage Sale to benefit the thrones and/orcoronets of the barony. Donate and buy! In additon, there will bemerchants selling brand new stuff!
(YetMORE flavor text)Areyou a gourmet, an avid afficianado of the skills of the Known-Worldrenowned Bright Hills Cooks Guild? Have you been worried when youmight next get to eat their cooking? Fortune has smiled on you! Yourtastebuds are less than a week away from a meal from the hands of theguild's master chefs!
Translation: The event includesa fund-raiser lunch by the Bright Hills Cooks Guild (whose cookingreally is famous from Antir to Lochac and Drachenwald to Ansteorra).
 Cost:
       Adult, Member:             $12.00 Day-Trip $0.00 Feast     $0.00 Camping
       Adult, Non-Member:      $17.00 Day-Trip$0.00 Feast     $0.00 Camping
       Youth (6-17):                  $6.00  Day-Trip  $0.00 Feast     $0.00 Camping
       Child (0-5):                    $0.00    Day-Trip  $0.00 Feast    $0.00 Camping

Make Checks Payable To:  SCA-MD,Inc., Barony of Bright Hills

Cost Notes:  Nofamily (of parents and children) will pay more in site fees than thecost of two adults and two children, $36, (not counting non-membersurcharges.)  Refunds will be given if requested by May 1,2016.

Site:  Baltimore Bowmen, 10301Harford Road, Glen Arm, MD 21057.  Site opens at 9 am and closesat 7 pm.

Site Restrictions:  Alcohol is forbiddenon the archery ranges. Pets are allowed on site but must be leashedand owners must clean up after them. No smoking in the building ortoilets.

Merchanting Information:  Contact LadyLivia di Samuele (mka Sherrill Abramson). 7927 Mandan Road, Apt. 104,Greenbelt, MD 20770. (301)807-5476; abramsonsm[AT]gmail.com

Autocrat (and crazed advertiser) Information: Lady Yseulte Trevelyn (Karen Setze), 1629 Riedel Road, Crofton,MD 21114,  Phone: (410) 721-4752, E-mail: yseulteharper at gmail.com

Reservations:  LordCairell MacCormaick (Carl Jacobs), 7927 Mandan Road, Apt. 104,Greenbelt, MD 20770,  Phone: (443) 416-8356, E-mail: cairellmaccormaic[AT]yahoo.com

Directions:  From the North: Take I-695 towards Towson, and take Exit 31BHarford Road. Follow Harford Road about 2 miles, through threetraffic lights. Once you pass the second light, North Wind Road, youare very close. Follow Harford Road down the hill a ¼  mile andwatch for signs on the right. Turn right and go through twogates. You are there!