[MR] WoW Children's Archery Marshals Needed (Redux)

Garth Groff via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Mon Oct 5 01:58:25 PDT 2015

My Noble Friends of the Bow,

WoW is just days away, and I am still seeking target archery marshals or
MITs to work the children's range on Friday and Saturday. Two good
gentles have stepped forward to help, but more are needed.

Please let me know if you can take a two-hour shift during one of these
days. There will be a sign-up board at the event, but it would help me
greatly if I knew you were willing to help.

I especially would like hear in advance from any MITs who want to
assist. This is a great opportunity for MITs to get some rare
experience. I would consider a four-hour block, or two shorter blocks to
be worth a signature. Otherwise, a two-hour block could probably be
combined with time on the adult range for a signature.

I will be bringing eleven bows, a dozen sets of arrows, and a ton of
arm-guards and gloves. You don't have to provide any gear. If you do
wish to work, there will be a half-hour safety class for the youngsters
and their parents at 9:30 on Friday morning. I suggest this would be
worth attending, especially if you've never worked with children before.
Come by at 9:00, and I can show you the gear.

Now my sermon. Working with children is one of the most rewarding things
we can do in the SCA. Time spent serving as a mentor/role model gives
the youngsters real life lessons like responsibility, confidence, and
personal discipline. These are great gifts to give a child. Everything
else we do in the SCA, no matter how much fun or rewarding, is just
play, but what you do for children can have a life-long effect on them.

I still look forward to being swamped by volunteers.

Yours Aye,

Lord Mungo Napier, WoW Children's TA Range MIC