[MR] Wikipedia: Margaret Tudor Marries James IV of Scotland

Garth Groff via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Thu May 28 02:06:40 PDT 2015

Noble Friends,

On this date in 1503 Margaret Tudor, sister of Henry VIII, officially
married King James IV of Scotland. It was through this marriage that her
great-grandson James VI eventually became King James I of England. You
can read about Margaret here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Tudor .

The Stewart dynasty tended to be pretty lousy kings, both in Scotland
and England. Margaret's husband James IV was probably the best of the
lot. He was a modern renaissance man who spoke many languages, ruled
fairly and successfully (though the had to debase the currency), and
made Scotland a respected player in European politics. Unfortunately, he
was terrible general, and got himself and most of his army killed at the
battle of Flodden in 1513:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_IV_of_Scotland .

Ah, sad Scotland, mey hame! Another chapter in my ancestral land's
tragic history.

Yours Aye,

Lord Mungo Napier, That Crazy Scot