[MR] A Challenge to the Poets of Atlantia! Are you bold enough to accept?

Katherine Hawkins via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Thu Apr 16 09:58:04 PDT 2015

 Greetings to the poets of Atlantia from Lady Katarzyna Witkowska, the Poeta Atlantiae.  The Kingdom ofAtlantia will again sponsor the Knowne World Poetry Competition on Monday,August 3, at Pennsic in conjunction with Poetry Day at Artisan's Row.  It is easy to enter.  You don't have to be there.  I CHALLENGE EACH OF YOU TO ENTER!!!!  Are you brave enough??  Let's show the Knowne World what Atlantia is made of!!!Thetheme for this year's competition is "Threads of Gold" in honor ofthe SCA's 50th Anniversary.  Your "threads" may be woven inany manner you choose.  Requirements are as follows:Poems may be written in any period style or language (translationsmust be provided).  Documentation is required but may be as little as onepage but shall be no more than three (3) pages (bibliographies and portions ofperiod poem examples do not count toward these three pages). Only one entry perperson will be accepted.  This is a non-performance competition. Your written words alone speak for your poetic prowess.  If you are anovice poet (writing for less than one year) please indicate that on yourentry.  Entries will be judged on the following:
   - use ofperiod imagery
   - use ofperiod style and convention
   - complexityof the piece
   - writtendocumentation
   - poem'sadherence to theme topic (i.e., Threads of Gold)
   - overalljudges' impressionYou will need to submit 3 copies of the poem anddocumentation.  Entries that do not have the correct number of copies willbe disqualified.  You may submit your piece to me, Lady KatarzynaWitkowska, at A&S display on Sunday or at Artisan's Row before 11:00 a.m.on Monday.  Alternatively, you do not have to be at Pennsic to enter thiscompetition.  You may submit your entry electronically directly to me at k_hawk_us at yahoo.com.  Even if you are attending Pennsic feelfree to forward your entry to me beforehand.  Electronic entries may besent from now through July 5, 2015.The winner will be announced at 4:00 p.m. at the Poetry tent onArtisan's Row.  Please provide contact information so your prize may beforwarded if you are not present.  There will be a separate prize fornovice poets if there are at least two entries.
If you are attending Pennsic, pleasealso plan to participate in Poetry Day at Artisan's Row by displaying yourworks and sharing your expertise and love of Poetry.  Please let me knowif you can donate some time so I can allow the proper space for yourentry.  If you are not brave enough to enter, are you brave enough to judge?  Please let me know.  If you haveany questions, please contact me at k_hawk_us at yahoo.com.  "Poetry is nearer to vital truth than history." ~Plato, Ion